Andrew Conte, M.S.
Andrew Conte, M.S.
Director, Center for Media Innovation
- Office: Center for Media Innovation 111
- Phone: 412-392-8055
- Fax: 412-392-3917
- Email: email@example.com
- M.S., Journalism, Columbia University
- B.A., American Studies, Dickinson College
Andrew Conte comes to Point Park University from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, where he was an award-winning investigative journalist. He has spent the past 10 years as a part-time professor at Point Park and director of the Point Park News Service.
- Investigative Reporter, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Part-Time Professor, Point Park University
- Director, Point Park News Service
- Reporter, Cincinnati Post
- Board Member, The Press Club of Western Pennsylvania
- The Color of Sundays
- All About Roberto Clemente
Selected Awards and Honors
- Spotlight Award, Pennsylvania Society of Professional Journalists
- Ray Sprigle Memorial Award, Press Club of Western Pennsylvania
- William Brewster Styles Award, Scripps Howard Foundation
- Carnegie Science Award, Carnegie Science Center
Point Park Features
- Daylong Events Kickoff Center for Media Innovation Opening
- Center for Media Innovation Welcomes Sarah Koenig to Campus
- Center for Media Innovation a Hub for Students, Local Media and Downtown Community
- Point Park Names Andrew Conte Director of Center for Media Innovation
- Part-Time Professor Andrew Conte Honored by Scripps Howard Foundation
- Andrew Conte Wins Ray Sprigle Memorial Award
- Professor's Book Details Hockey Team's Rebirth
In the News
- "Finish lines: Andrew Conte," Mt. Lebanon Magazine, March 23, 2017.
- "New book for the younger set details Pirates' legend's life on and off the field," TribLive.com, Jan. 23, 2017.
- "Woman Sues Parents Over Embarrassing Childhood Photos Posted to Facebook," KDKA-TV, Sept. 15, 2016.
- "Why Do You Value Local News?," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 13, 2016.
- "A Conversation with 'Serial's' Sarah Koenig," WESA 90.5-FM, Sept. 9, 2016.
- "Point Park University to Unveil New Center for Media Innovation," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Sept. 7, 2016.
- "Journalism Remains a Passion Pursuit for Point Park University Students and it's Newest Director," WESA 90.5-FM, May 27, 2016.
Andrew Conte authors Focus on Media, a monthly column for TribLIVE.com:
- Social media require user responsibility
- Jack Anderson relished muckracking
- Capitalizing on obsession with politics
- Everyone felt they'd been heard
- Closing gaps between cybersecurity experts, reporters
- Disruption opens opportunities for pioneers
- Our connected world & its cost
- Journalism & accelerating technology
- Digital tools connect with tech savvy students
- Another turning point for journalism
- Twitter & the Trump effect
- Getting the news — up close
- Some lessons from the election
- Experts: everyday internet-ready devices susceptible to cyber attacks