Sandra Mervosh, M.S., SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Assistant Professor, Human Resources
Director, Human Resources Management Program
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- Master of Science, Human Resources Management with a concentration in Training and Development, La Roche College
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Research Methods for the Business World
- Seminar in Human Resource Management
- Industrial Psychology
- Leadership for the Business World
- Managerial Psychology
- Research Methodology
- Psychology of Adult Development
- Foundations of Psychology
- Leadership Communications
Sandra Mervosh, M.S., SHRM-SCP, SPHR, is an assistant professor of human resources and director of the human resource management program in the Rowland School of Business at Point Park University. She has also served as president, CEO and owner of Venture Graphics, a project management company specializing in the printing industry. Prior to becoming a full-time faculty member at Point Park, Mervosh served as a part-time instructor for the University's School of Business and the Department of Humanities and Human Sciences within the School of Arts and Sciences. She was also a teaching assistant for Clarion University's Department of Psychology. Before becoming president, CEO and owner of Venture Graphics, Mervosh was a COO, vice president of production, estimator/customer service manager and a production manager. In 2015, Mervosh founded the networking organization, Pittsburgh Women Succeeding Together.
Selected Presentations and Publications
- Panelist for PCMA Convening Leaders 2019 Conference, Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh, Pa., Jan. 6, 2019.
- Presenter for the Jefferson Awards/Students in Action event, Point Park University, Oct. 18, 2018.
- Panelist for "#USTOO," Media Chicks Network presentation at Point Park University, Feb. 21, 2018.
- "Absence of Fear is Learning: A Personal Reflection," PHRA Perspectives, November 2017.
- "Project Management," Pitt Ohio and Goodwill Industries, June 2017 and October 2017
- "Onboarding," Pitt Ohio, May 2017.
- "Emotional Intelligence," La Roche College, Pittsburgh, Pa., Spring 2009.
- "Perception in the Workplace," La Roche College, Pittsburgh, Pa., Fall 2008.
- "Follow the Leadership Path," La Roche College, Pittsburgh, Pa., Fall 2007.
Professional Certifications, Memberships and Awards
- Certificate of Appreciation, Pittsburgh Human Resources Association
- Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional
- Senior Professional in Human Resources
- Pittsburgh Human Resources Association
- Pittsburgh Women Succeeding Together
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
In the News
- "Uber report highlights foresight needed in managing a startup," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, June 17, 2017.
Point Park Features
- "Students Continue to Cultivate their Professional Networks at Pittsburgh HR Association Event," Point Park University website, Nov. 27, 2018.
- "Career Connections Continue with HR Management Student and Employer Partner Program," Point Park University website, Nov. 2, 2018.
- "HR Students Network at Pittsburgh Human Resource Association Conference," Point Park University website, Oct. 17, 2018.
- "President of Dare Enterprises Speaks to SAEM Business Models Class," Point Park University website, March 22, 2018.
- "Business Students Travel to Disney World for Leadership Seminar Focused on Human Resources," Point Park University website, March 19, 2018.
- "Students Discuss Success of HR Employer Partner Program," Point Park University website, March 14, 2018.
- "Diversity & Inclusion Panel Discussion Features HR Professionals from City of Pittsburgh, PPG," Point Park University website, Nov. 6, 2017
- "HR Management Professor Launches Partner Program to Match Students With Employers," Point Park University website, Oct. 19, 2017.
- "Business Class Goes Abroad: Students Spend Spring Break Conducting Research in Madrid," Point Park University website, March 13, 2017.
- "Student Human Resource Association Hosts Panel Discussion on Social Media," Point Park University website, Dec. 2, 2016.