HR Management Professor Nominated as a Pittsburgh Human Resources Association Volunteer of the Year Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Sandra Mervosh, M.S., SHRM-SCP, SPHR, assistant professor and director of the human resource management program at Point Park University, was recently recognized as a Michael R. Toney Volunteer of the Year nominee by the Pittsburgh Human Resources Association.
Each year, PHRA honors a select group of volunteers who are highly involved with the organization.
“Sandra is a driving force behind our college and student outreach. She consistently goes above and beyond supporting PHRA activities,” said Liz Lamping, executive director of PHRA.
Mervosh served as president, CEO and owner of Venture Graphics, a project management company specializing in the printing industry. She also worked in the roles of chief operating officer, vice president of production, estimator/customer service manager and a production manager. In 2015, Mervosh founded the networking organization, Pittsburgh Women Succeeding Together.
Professor Mervosh's Impact on Point Park's HR Management Students:
- "Networking with the HR Community: HR Management Majors Gain Solid Connections at On-Campus Event"
- "Students Continue to Cultivate their Professional Networks at Pittsburgh HR Association Event"
- "Career Connections Continue with HR Management Student and Employer Partner Program"
- "HR Students Network at Pittsburgh Human Resource Association Conference"
- "Students Discuss Success of HR Employer Partner Program"
- "Diversity & Inclusion Panel Discussion Features HR Professionals from City of Pittsburgh, PPG"
- "HR Management Professor Launches Partner Program to Match Students With Employers"