Student Center Welcome to the Student Center
The Student Center is committed to providing the finest programs, services and equipment in order to enrich the University's recreational sports activities for students, staff and alumni. The Center offers a variety of facilities and spaces that include:
- Recreational and lounge spaces with billiards and ping pong tables
- Fitness area with elliptical machines, treadmills, indoor track and weight lifting equipment
- Meeting and conference rooms
The Student Center is open free of charge to all Point Park University students. Faculty, staff and alumni must purchase a membership. Point Park ID is required for entry.
Spring Semester Hours of Operation
|Monday||7 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Thursday||7 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Sunday||11 a.m. -11 p.m.|
Summer Hours of Operation
Effective Monday 4/29/2019 through Sunday 8/11/2019.
Normal hours of operation resume Monday 8/12/2019 at 7 a.m.
|Monday||7 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||7 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
Fitness on Demand
The Student Center offers a new way to workout with your friends! Check out our Fitness on Demand studio located in room 207B.
The Fitness on Demand studio features a touch screen console loaded with dozens of cardio, dance, strength training and yoga workouts from Daily Burn series and others. Select your workout and within seconds it will begin playing on a 70-inch screen. Bring a friend and get to work!
Current Point Park students have full access to the Student Center and its programs free of charge. Point Park University faculty, staff and alumni may become a member of the Student Center and access all of its facilities and programs.
- Monthly Membership: $20
- Memberships will become invalid on the first day of the new month.
- The General Conditions of Use Waiver must be completed online prior to utilizing the Student Center. It is available on PointSync
- Membership fees waived from 5/1/18 - 9/1-18. General Conditions of Use Waiver must still be completed.
Please call 412-392-8024 for more information about Student Center memberships.
Complete with a lounge area with TVs, billiards, darts, foosball and table tennis, the second floor is the perfect place to unwind in between classes. Equipment is available to be checked out at the fourth floor desk.
- Table tennis
The fourth floor is home to our fitness center with a variety of equipment to meet your strength training and cardio workout needs. The fourth floor is also home to our racquetball court.
- Free weights
- Indoor running track
- Racquetball court
- Elliptical machines
- Stationary bikes
- Cable machines
- Jacob's ladder
- Stair master
Shoot some hoops with your friends! Basketballs are available to check out with your student ID at the fourth floor desk.
Is the gym empty, or is the whole herd there?
Find out whats going on in the Student Center with the FitDegree Student Center App. Just search "Point Park Student Center" in the Apple Appstore or Google Play.
See up to date information about the facility, including;
- Current crowd levels in different areas of the facility
- Calendar of events
- Number of Bike Program bikes available to be checked out
- 5th Floor Court availability
- Facility is for current Point Park University Students, as well as faculty, staff and alumni that have purchased a membership. Guests are not permitted to utilize the facility.
- Use of facility is a at your own risk activity
- Report any injury or damaged equipment to 4th floor desk attendant
- Please re-rack your weights & return other equipment to its proper location
- Please wipe down equipment after use
- Music must be played through headphones, no speakers are permitted
- Dropping of weights & other misuse of equipment is prohibited
- Facility is not responsible for any lost or stolen property. Users of facility are encouraged to utilize the lockers available in the second floor locker rooms
- Facility may only be utilized during posted open hours
- Tobacco use prohibited
Failure to adhere to posted rules & instructions of staff members may result in a loss of privileges.