Playbill Ranks Point Park as a Top 10 College on Broadway Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Point Park University alumni in Showbiz reunited in Times Square for "Pittsburgh on Broadway"
Playbill.com ranked Point Park University No. 8 in the "Big 10: The 10 Most Represented Colleges on Broadway in the 2017-2018 season," ahead of schools such as the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, Yale University and Florida State University.
-- Ronald Allan-Lindblom
"Year after year, Point Park finds itself well-represented on Broadway, and it's a testament to the University's unwavering commitment to the performing and cinematic arts," said Ronald Allan-Lindblom, artistic director of Point Park's Conservatory of Performing Arts.
Playbill.com's ranking is based on its own research, which includes Broadway shows currently open, plus shows that have announced casting for the 2017-2018 season.
Point Park alumni recognized by Playbill.com include:
- Mike Cannon and Bobby Petska, Aladdin
- Rory Max Kaplan, Bronx Tale
- Callan Bergmann and Ahmad Simmons, CATS
- Jessica Ernest, Chicago
- Courtney Bassett, Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812
- Jordan Grubb, Groundhog Day
- Neil Haskell, Hamilton
- Jeff Kuhr, Kinky Boots
- Viveca Chow, Miss Saigon
- Kaley Ann Vorhees, Prince of Broadway
- Connor John Gillooly, School of Rock
Additionally, alumni on Broadway not mentioned by Playbill include:
- Tony Yazbeck (Prince of Broadway)
- Gabriella Sorrentino (Hamilton)
- Sarah Meahl (Hello Dolly! and Paramour)
Lindblom added: "We are proud of the immensely talented students we attract to the program, who learn under a dedicated faculty of artist educators and national guest artists who prepare them for professional careers."