Intercollegiate Film Fest Showcases Point Park Student Filmmakers Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Point Park cinema arts students were awarded the opportunity to present their work at the first ever Shot for Shot: Student Film Festival this spring.
"I met so many talented filmmakers in the area, and it was a wonderful opportunity to show off a film I am proud of," said Kevin Stiller, a junior cinema and digital arts major. "The people I met were very open to the idea of working together in the future, which was a huge bonus."
Seven of the 12 official short film selections showcased the work of the following Point Park students:
- Ben Boyle and Bailey Donovan, The Big Fold, grand jury prize
- Corey Sweazen, Hotel Romance, special jury prize
- Josh Lopata, Fade, audience award
- Dominic Rodriguez, Fursonas
- Andrew Roberts, Left Behind
- Jared Passante and Sam Mosco, A Matter of Time
- Kevin Stiller, Chicken Nuggets
The festival, held April 27 at Carnegie Mellon University, also featured the works of students from Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pittsburgh, The Art Institute of Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh Filmmakers.
Learn more about Point Park University's cinema arts program.