Honors Student Organization
Pictured above: Susan G. Komen Greater Pennsylvania Recognizes Point Park's Honors Program for Fundraising Efforts
Honors Student Organization Provides Leadership, Volunteer Opportunities
The Honors Student Organization is a student-run group for Honors Program members and students of any major. Beginning freshman year, students in HSO can apply for a leadership role, volunteer to serve on a committee, as well as lead projects and activities.
HSO students lead numerous leadership and volunteer activities throughout the year, including:
- Alternative Spring Break (past trips included helping nonprofits in New York City).
- Annual 9/11 remembrance and Flight 93 National Memorial visit
- Annual Pittsburgh Great Race volunteering
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Dreams projects
- National Collegiate Honors Council and Northeast Regional conferences
- Pittsburgh cultural and professional meetings and events
- Storytelling and Human Rights Symposium
- Susan G. Komen fundraiser
- "Welcome to Honors" orientation program before classes begin
HSO has regular meetings throughout the semester, along with other activities and events. Check out information about meeting dates and locations on the HSO Facebook page.
HSO Executive Board Members
- President: Kelsey Wolfe, public relations and advertising major with a multimedia minor
- President-elect: Mya Burns, multimedia major
- Graduate Assistant: Colin Parrish, M.A./M.B.A.
- Secretary: Alexa Newbrough, theatre arts major
- Treasurer: Rosalie Anthony, dance major
- Academic Events Coordinator: Serena Daywalt, psychology major
- Social Events Coordinator: Rhianna Davis, business management with a public relations and advertising minor
- Service Events Coordinator: Jenny Hoppes, acting major
- Marketing and Social Media Coordinator: Kate LaBelle, multimedia with a public relations and advertising minor