Aike Okolo, Ph.D., P.E.
Visiting Associate Professor, Civil Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science, Civil and Construction Engineering, Lawrence Institute of Technology
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering, University of South Florida
- Master of Business Administration, Strategic Planning, Project Management and Organizational Development, University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Philosophy, Management of Engineering and Technology, NorthCentral University
- Engineering Management
- Quality Management
- Operations Management
- Construction Costs Estimating
- Project Management
- Managerial Economics
- Vector Mechanics for Engineers
Aike Okolo, Ph.D., P.E., is a visiting associate professor in the Department of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technology at Point Park University. Okolo has more than 25 years of professional engineering experience in operations management, facilities management, engineering project management, business process reengineering and civil engineering design, construction and management. His professional experience has been in the areas of applied management, policy development, management of engineering and technology, engineering design and management and management of construction of private and public infrastructure.
Specific engineering technical experience includes geotechnical engineering studies; subsurface investigation and analyses; recommendations for foundation design; geotechnical site investigation; water resources engineering; construction and project feasibility studies; engineering cost benefit analyses; and engineering project management.
Okolo also has experience in the preparation and delivery of policy recommendations aimed at optimizing operations within federal, state and local government agencies in the United States and overseas; and business management services to private and commercial industry clients. Past policy recommendations include agency code reviews and compliance, preparation of facility management remedial action plans, and supervision of project management remedial action plans.
His responsibilities have generally included preparation of project feasibility studies; preparation of engineering cost-benefit analyses for both public and private agencies; supervision of business and operations analysis teams and supervision of engineering design and project execution teams on various private and public infrastructure projects. Okolo performs these activities in addition to other business operation functions such as review and approval of group budgets; review and approval of proposals for delivery of professional architecture and engineering services; business development activities; and development of strategic business plans.
Licensures and Certifications
- Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and Texas
- Certified Water Treatment Plant Operator
- Certified Manufacturing Engineer
- Certified Manufacturing Technologist
Areas of Specialization
- Operations and Quality Management
- Project and Construction Management
- Water Resources Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (life member)
- Association of Energy Engineers
- Geotechnical Engineering Society
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Highway Engineers
Point Park Features
- "Point Park University Welcomes 12 New Full-Time Faculty Members for the 2019-20 Academic Year," Point Park University website, Sept. 17, 2019.