Why Point Park University?
As the only university directly in Downtown Pittsburgh, Point Park offers many unique features in its MSES program, including:
- Highly-experienced faculty who have worked in the environmental field
- Innovative curriculum that provides opportunities for networking, research and internships
- An urban experience for graduate students and the connection to various employers who are just steps from campus
- Evening classes to accommodate busy students
- Small class sizes
MSES Program at a Glance
Full time: One year (four classes per fall and spring; two classes in summer)
|Course Structure||30 credits (10 classes)|
$881 per credit (plus a University fee of $60, technology fee of $30 and health services fee of $5 per credit)
Graduate assistantships, alumni grants and graduate merit scholarships
Courses & Research Themes
As a Point Park University MSES graduate student, you will gain new perspectives and a broad knowledge of environmental issues from courses in environmental science, law, politics and communication.
Furthermore, depth in a specific theme of environmental studies will prepare you as a leader in problem-solving and communication.
Research themes include:
- Business communication of environmental issues
- Federal & state environmental policymaking
- Land trust conservation & management
- Urban renewal and environmental sustainability
- Wetland ecology & restoration
With a master's degree in environmental studies, you will have the option to pursue various careers in areas such as:
- Conservation science
- Environmental consulting
- Environmental health, safety and sustainability
- Nonprofit public relations
- Outreach and environmental education
News & Features
For questions and additional details about the Master of Science in environmental studies program, contact the Office of Graduate Admission at email@example.com or 412-392-3808.