Take The Hill Leadership Podcast Series
Take The Hill is a leadership podcast series aimed to connect members of the Rowland School of Business, as well as the University community, to individuals who are demonstrating leadership excellence within their respective spheres of influence.
The series is hosted by Patrick Mulvihill, D.Ed., assistant professor and chair of the Department of Management in the Rowland School of Business, and Dennis Frketich, D.Ed., Point Park business management alumnus and part-time business faculty member.
- 015: Vigor, Vibe +Venture Challenge: Jennifer Ferris-Glick, co-principal of the Pittsburgh-based consutling company Above to Below, and Steve Tanzilli, J.D., dean of the Rowland School of Business talk about how the V3 challenge is intended to make a meaningful impact upon an organization's life story. Aug. 4, 2020
- 014: Leading Through Uncertainty: Drs. Mulvihill and Frketich explore an approach designed to help you focus your thoughts while leading your organization through uncertainty. July 10, 2020
- 013: HR Perspectives and the New Normal: Professors Sandy Mervosh and Dennis Frketich offer insight and advice from an HR perspective for organizations seeking to find a new normal and turn the corner post-COVID19. July 6, 2020
- 012: Dr. Sarabeth Berk - More Than My Title: Dr. Berk is a hybrid professional who combines her artist/researcher/educator/designer identities to be more than her job title. July 1, 2020
- 011: John Valentine Innovation & Recovery of Hospitality Industry in Downtown Pittsburgh: Valentine is executive director of the Pittsburgh Downtown Community Development Corporation. June 16, 2020
- 010: #3 Things: Exploring Jordan with Dana Daas: Daas shares her home country of Jordan’s rich tradition of hospitality, family, culture and more incredible food than you can imagine. May 18, 2020
- 009: Steve Adelkoff: Over the Horizon: Adelkoff shares his wisdom and insight embedded in stories of economic behavior, prospect theory, deglobalization and off-balance sheet deals he has brokered around the world. May 11, 2020
- 008: Looking Forward: Student guests illuminate the importance of human relationships. May 7, 2020
- 007: Leading Through Uncertainty (Student Narratives): Point Park students focus on the capacity for hope. April 13, 2020
- 006: Change My Perspective: This special episode is the first in a series of “Pop-Up” podcasts featuring students from the Point Park University community. Our guests and their topics are not prescreened, so the conversations are authentic. Feb. 5, 2020
- 005: Megan Livingston, manager of talent development for Highmark Health, Jan. 12, 2019
- 004: Marissa Colclasure, airline pilot, mom and dreamer, Oct. 27, 2018
- 003: Dave Berke, retired Marine Corps. officer and combat veteran, Feb. 27, 2018
- 002: Reflection: Conversation with Lee Cockerell, Feb. 14, 2018
- 001: Lee Cockerell, former executive vice president of operations for Walt Disney World Resort, Jan. 24, 2018
Read about the launch of the podcast series: "Business Professor Interviews Disney's Former Executive VP of Operations."