The Contracts & Procurement Department reviews all agreements prior to signature by University officials. This review includes both a review of legal provisions as well as a review of applicable insurance documentation (certificates of insurance, endorsements, etc.). University departments enter agreements for review on the University’s contract management system (Contraxx). Please allow at least ten business days from Contraxx entry date for a draft to be generated and returned to the vendor representative for review and comment. For additional information on University contracting, including authorized signatories and invoicing, see below.
Contract Review Policy and Contraxx
The University utilizes Contraxx, a contract management/workflow system to budget check and review proposed contractual commitment. The Contraxx System is a web based software located at https://contraxx.pointpark.edu/Portal/Login.aspx. In order to gain access to this system please watch our brief training video [HERE] and then contact Brandy Loechner (x8197) for a username and password.
The following contracts must be entered on Contraxx by user’s department:
- Expenditures of $3,000 or more for the term of the contract.
- Contracts involving the rental or leasing of space, facilities, property (e.g. - equipment, furniture, tools, media equipment, costumes) etc., by the University from a third party – regardless of dollar amount
- Contracts where the University will earn revenue or some other benefit as a result of the contract
- Form contracts approved by the University (e.g. - facilities usage agreements, speaker's agreements, affiliation agreements, internship agreements) where the other side has requested an exception to the approved contract template or has requested use of that party's agreement
- Contracts created for academic purposes (e.g. – affiliation, tuition discount, articulation)
- Contracts that provide equipment, software, furniture, etc., for loaner or evaluation purposes
- Contracts of any dollar amount for caterers other than CulinArt
Contract Check List
Each member of our community plays a role in effective contract management – from providing specific expertise related to the scope of these contracts through management of these contracts to assure appropriate contract performance and to resolve performance issues.
Please review the contract checklist, to provide guidance regarding our individual roles and responsibilities. This checklist does not require completion by any department, but is simply a guide to make each of us aware of our responsibilities with regard to the University contracting process managed by the department of Contracts and Procurement.
Please do not sign any agreement or otherwise that would obligate the University until the subject agreement has been approved by the Business Office and Procurement.
This policy applies to all agreements that obligate the University, such as, but not limited to, maintenance agreements, support agreements, rental agreements, professional service agreements, and lease agreements.
Questions regarding the Contract Review Policy should be directed to Justin Delecki.