Plan ahead for Saturday, March 13, road closures and parking restrictions due to St. Patrick's Day parade
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Point Park faculty and students who have classes on Saturday, March 13, should plan ahead to allow for Downtown road closures and parking garage restrictions due to the St. Patrick’s Day parade.
Point Park’s shuttle stop will also be affected.
Saturday’s parade will begin at 10 a.m. at the Downtown Greyhound Trailways bus station at Liberty Avenue and 11th Street and proceed down Grant Street, turning onto the Boulevard of the Allies.
The parade will continue down the Boulevard of the Allies directly past Point Park buildings and ending at Commonwealth Place. (See more information about the parade.)
Please check details below about road closings, garage restrictions and changes for the University shuttle.
The following road closings will be in effect from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 13:
- All streets running between Penn Avenue and Liberty Avenue
- William Penn and Cherry ways to Grant Street from Seventh Avenue to the Boulevard of the Allies
- All streets between Ross Street and Grant Street from Sixth Avenue to Boulevard of the Allies
- All streets between Fort Pitt Boulevard and the Boulevard of the Allies from First Avenue to Stanwix Street
- All streets between Third Avenue and the Boulevard of the Allies from Grant Street to Stanwix Street
- The Fort Pitt Bridge ramp to Liberty Avenue and the Boulevard of the Allies
- Motorists traveling down I-579, I-279 and Crosstown Boulevard will not be able to exit onto Seventh Avenue.
- There will be no exit from the Liberty Bridge to the Boulevard of the Allies.
- The Bedford Avenue ramp to Seventh Avenue will be closed
In addition, East Carson Street on the South Side may be closed between 10th Street and 26th Street throughout the afternoon and evening.
- Boulevard of the Allies garage: The garage entrance from the Boulevard of the Allies will be closed when barricades are put into place on the Boulevard, sometime between 8- 9:30 a.m. The First Avenue entrance to the garage will remain open for entry and exit. The garage will have extra security.
- Third Avenue Garage: The entrance on Fourth Avenue will be closed once barricades are put into place, between 10–11 a.m. The Third Avenue entrance will be open for both entry and exit. There will be a $5 cash pre-pay service starting at 6:30 a.m. for all non-lease holders.
Point Park shuttle service
During the road closings, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., the drop-off and pick-up stop will be on First Avenue near the parking lot next to the YMCA Building. All passengers must have Point Park University identification.