ONLINE WRITING TUTORING • PROGRAM FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS
Online Writing Tutoring through the Program for Academic Success (PAS) provides feedback for specific questions and concerns. The student using online writing tutoring should be prepared to engage in a dialogue with a professional tutor using email. PAS does not edit or proofread student papers.
Get the Most out of Online Writing Tutoring
- Don’t wait until the last minute to write your paper. You want to allow yourself enough time to get a response from the tutor and, if necessary, ask further questions and get additional responses.
- Response time will be within 24 hours for mail received Monday through Thursday. Response time will be within 48 to 72 hours for mail received Friday afternoon through Sunday night.
- Explain your assignment as fully as possible. The more the tutor knows about what you are working on, the more the tutor can help you.
- Expect to be an active participant in the tutoring process. It is your assignment. The tutor is simply providing feedback for your questions.
How to Use Online Writing Tutoring
- Type your writing assignment and/or questions and save as a Word document.
- Send an email to email@example.com and be certain to include the following information:
- Once you have completed the form, attach your document to the email. You will receive a response within the time frame indicated above. You may include the text of the paper in the body of the email if you prefer, rather than as an attachment.