As a commuter, you obviously don't live on campus (though it may feel that way some days). You may be on campus enough, though, that you'll find you need things while you're here, such as
- a place to hang out or study before, after or between classes
- lockers to store your stuff so you don't have to lug it around
- a close-by (and cost effective) place to grab a healthy meal or a quick snack
- social and out-of-classroom opportunities, some of which specifically meet commuters' schedules
Easily accessible on the fourth floor of Lawrence Hall, the commuter lounge is the place for commuter students to hang out, relax, or study between classes. Essentially, it's your "home away from home," with
- free WiFi
- vending machines
- comfortable furniture
- copy machine (coin-operated)
Use the commuter lounge to study, gather with classmates or just take a breather. Additional microwaves are available for all students in the Point Café, second floor of Thayer Hall outside the JVH and fourth floor Lawrence Hall Dining Room.
There are more than 200 lockers available in Academic Hall on floors three through six. Store books, clothing and whatever else you don't feel like carting around. Use of the lockers is free, but you need to register for one in the Office of Student Life, first floor of Pioneer Hall. And remember to bring a lock. See the student handbook for rules, as well as information about summer clean out. Questions about lockers? Contact Student Life at 412-392-8026.
Whether you're on campus once a week or five days a week, you'll need to eat. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, a quick snack — and don't forget coffee! If you pay to eat out (the quickest is fast food, no pun intended) this can get really expensive, not to mention unhealthy. Eat on campus.
Point Park meal plans make it easy for you to eat healthily, cost effectively and without needing to stray far from campus. You can choose a meal plan specifically for commuters, which gives you access to
- all-you-can-eat breakfast, lunch and/or dinner in the Lawrence Hall Dining Room
- breakfast, dinner or late-night hours at the Point Café
- flex dollars, which work like a bank debit card and are accepted at all of Point Park's food service locations, including the campus Starbucks.