POSITION: Vice President of Operations
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; Minimum of twelve years of experience in operations, construction and facilities management, preferably in higher education; minimum of 7 years of demonstrated supervision of operational staff members; commitment to building positive relationships between academic and non-academic departments for structuring all support services; and commitment to provide excellence in service delivery. Experience providing sound financial management including budgeting, forecasting, and managing contracted services with fiscal accountability.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Vice President of Operations provides the overall operational leadership and management of the facilities, transportation, mail services and events management departments, including related energy infrastructure upgrades and ongoing preventative maintenance programs. Develops and implements operational strategy, sets goals and achieves results, in support of the University's Mission, Values and Strategic Initiatives. The Vice President of Operations presides over the departments of Construction and Planning; Physical Plant; Transportation; Mail Services; Conference and Event Services; and Housekeeping; and provides direction to the University Architect.
- Participate with team members in formulating institutional policies.
- Participate with University executives in promoting and implementing the University’s mission statement, values and strategic initiatives.
- Provide leadership, support and evaluation of administrative units falling under jurisdiction: Planning and Construction; Physical Plant; Transportation; Mail Services; Conference and Event Services; and contracted Housekeeping.
- Develop budget proposal and monitor expenses of finalized budget.
- Act as liaison to the City of Pittsburgh Operation Departments, and maintain membership in professional organizations such as: the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership (PDP); the Building Owners Management Association (BOMA) and Association Physical Plant Administrators (APPA).
- Serve on coordinating group for the University’s annual Commencement.
- Implement and oversee the Master Space Plan.
- Work with Senior Vice President of Finance and Operations on acquiring property.
- Oversee due diligence prior to purchase of property.
- Evaluate property use prior to purchase of property.
- Oversee university construction and renovation projects.
- Review all construction contracts.
- Member of the Capital Projects Committee
- Staff Facilitator for the Facilities Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the Management of building operations including HVAC; Electrical; Plumbing and General Maintenance.
- Oversee the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Oversee the Housekeeping and other contracted services.
- Review and approve contracted services contracts.
- Oversee the Mail Services of the University.
- Participates on the Public Safety and Student Life Committee.
- Oversee the transportation and fleet maintenance operations. Reviews and approves all new transportation policies and procedures.
- Oversee parking operations.
- Oversee the Conference and Event Services operations. Reviews and approves Conference and Event policies and procedures.
- Chairperson of the Operations Committee.
- Direct supervision of the Director of Operations; Director of Construction Services; Director of Transportation & Administrative Services; Director of Conference & Event Services; and the Executive Assistant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.