Vice President for Enrollment Management
Point Park University has opened a national search for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management. Reporting directly to the President and serving as a key member of the university executive team, the Vice President will oversee Admissions, Financial Aid, the Center for Student Success, and Enrollment Marketing and provide leadership to a total staff of over 40 individuals. The Center for Student Success, created in 2012, links academic support services, advising and career development strategically and operationally, and plans will be made with input from the Vice President for Enrollment Management to house all of the student success functions in the same physical space.
The position holds responsibility for the enrollment functions to recruit, enroll, and retain undergraduate, graduate, adult and international students in alignment with the strategic goals of the university.
Point Park University is a comprehensive master's-level university with a strong liberal arts tradition. Located in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh's business and cultural center, Point Park enrolls approximately 4,000 students in more than 50 majors and concentrations on its dynamic urban campus. Point Park's mission is to educate students in a diverse environment and prepare graduates to apply knowledge to achieve their goals, advance their professions, and serve their communities. Known for its distinguished programs in theater, dance, business, communications, education, and engineering technology, recent academic developments have added degrees in criminal justice, cinema production, digital arts, and sports, arts, and entertainment management.
The Academic Village initiative currently underway will create a multi-block living and learning hub that is transforming the campus and the neighborhood it inhabits. It is redefining the student experience and Point Park's connection to the community. A new green, urban park, a new Student and Convocation Center, the relocated Pittsburgh Playhouse, and enhanced green and environmentally sustainable facilities are all part of the Academic Village master plan.
Dr. Paul Hennigan became president of Point Park University in September 2006. He served as the university's vice president for finance and operation since 2000 and was named acting president in January 2006 before becoming president. Hennigan holds a bachelor of arts degree in political science from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and a master of public administration degree from the University of Pittsburgh's Graduate School of Public and International Affairs. He earned a doctor of education degree from the University of Pennsylvania. Hennigan was chief financial officer for the City of Pittsburgh from 1994-1999. He has also been an adjunct faculty member and senior management analyst for the H.J. Heinz School of Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University.
Point Park seeks candidates for the Vice President for Enrollment Management who:
- are experienced leading the development of strategic enrollment plans
- have a track record of success achieving short- and long-term enrollment and tuition revenue goals
- demonstrate an understanding of the linkage between enrollment and academic success
- can bring best practices in both recruitment and student retention
- are analytical, utilizing both internal and external data sources to inform decision-making
- are experienced with predictive modeling, financial aid leveraging, and short- and long-term goal setting
- can contribute meaningfully to the development of academic and co-curricular initiatives
- will provide guidance to enrollment marketing strategy that is coordinated with the university's brand and institutional marketing initiatives
- will work cooperatively with colleagues throughout the university to break down silos and establish consensus around strategic enrollment priorities
Application and Nominations
Williams & Company is supporting Point Park University in this search. The position is available September 1, 2013 or sooner. Compensation is highly competitive. Applications will be reviewed beginning June 10, 2013. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 references through the Williams & Company web site at: www.williamscompany.net
Questions, nominations and referrals should be directed to:
Victoria J. Dutcher, President
Williams & Company
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.