POSITION: PART-TIME STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Student Activities
This is a one year appointment with review. Bachelors Degree is required and it is preferred that applicants be enrolled in a leadership education, higher education administration, business or related graduate program. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Photoshop. Ability to work with our website’s content management system. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities and prioritize workload. Prior experience in student organizations at the undergraduate or graduate level
This is a one year appointment with review, $10 per hour. Schedule is 20 hours a week with some evening and weekend commitments.
Coordinate all major aspects of student organizations on campus that include, but not limited to the processing and maintenance of online requests, event proposal review, training and leadership development, and general advisement of student leaders.
- Attending a variety of student organization events.
- Updating the Student Organization and Advisor Manuals.
- Assisting the Coordinator of Student Activities in developing, editing, and enforcing policies that affect student organizations.
- Maintenance of the Student Activities portion of the website and OrgSync.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the intricacies of the entire student activities calendar and potential conflicts.
- Co–supervision of student workers within the Office of Student Activities.
- Conduct surveys and analyze data.
- Create semester reports summarizing major events/programs.
- Oversee the creation of the weekly events email.
- Assistance in the development and implementation of student related programming.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PT STUDENT ORG COORD - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.