POSITION: Manager of Social Media and Digital Publications
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of Online Communications
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree. Demonstrated expertise in the use and application of web, social media, responsive design and mobile media, analytics, search optimization, and e-commerce preferably in a higher education environment. Three years of work experience in admissions, marketing, public relations or recruiting is highly preferable. Valid driver’s license.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: This position is responsible for the application, integration and optimization of social media resources into the University’s enrollment and recruitment efforts. The Manager will work with all departments in the Enrollment Division to enhance recruitment efforts and collaborate with other divisions in the enhancement of brand and image of all digital communications with prospective students.
1. Assists in creating and managing web pages that impact student recruitment in target markets using all techniques and current and evolving technologies to optimize the appeal and usefulness to current and prospective students and enhance recruitment efforts for traditional and non-traditional students.
2. As the primary person responsible for recruitment pages in the Enrollment Division, the Manager will work with the Managing Director of Online Communications and enrollment departments to modify content, appearance, compliance and standardization.
3. Data Collection:
- Use analytics to help identify web page visitors and their interactions on the web page with an eye toward improving the visit experience as determined by the analytics. Report findings to the Managing Director of Online Communications for use by the Division managers and the VP for Enrollment Management to make improvements in the visit experience and maximize recruitment efforts.
4. Social Media Development:
- Using knowledge of communication habits and capabilities among target markets, the Manager will develop and recommend tactics for the application of digital media in enrollment and recruitment activities to support enrollment and recruitment initiatives.
- Develop social media policies to serve as a guide for incorporating the use of social media resources into enrollment and recruitment activities, ensuring optimal application of available resources such as social networks and Twitter and develop blogging relations and search strategies.
5. Professional Development:
- The Manager will attend conferences, participate in professional organizations, research and identify new technology and trends that will keep our systems and technology current for prospective student web visit experiences.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - MANAGER OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL PUBLICATIONS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.