POSITION: Executive Assistant, General Counsel's Office
REPORTS TO: General Counsel
REQUIREMENTS: Certificate of Completion from a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association and five years of administrative and/or paralegal experience, or equivalent experience. Demonstrated proficiency in business and legal English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation, filing and record keeping procedures and telephone techniques. Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of a university community.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the General Counsel and provides a broad range of routine paraprofessional and administrative support services to the General Counsel’s Office. Prepares various routine and specialized administrative documents and correspondence. Performs paralegal work of standard professional difficulty, and assist in routine aspects of potential litigation, legal and/or factual research and analysis, and drafting of documentation.
- Reports to and is directly responsible for legal secretarial and administrative support services for the General Counsel
- Prepares a wide variety of documents under supervision; operates personal computer to compose, edit, revise, tabulate, and print letters and legal documents.
- Maintains confidentiality of communications as appropriate for a legal office.
- Establishes and maintains a file tracking system, databases, records, and/or other documents.
- Operates standard office equipment, including job-related computer hardware and software applications, facsimile equipment, and multi-line telephones; may use other department-specific equipment.
- Assists directly in a wide-range of administrative and operational functions.
- Calendars and monitors time-sensitive deadlines for claims, litigation, and other legal proceedings; maintains calendar for General Counsel.
- Researches and analyzes federal, state, and local statutes, ordinances, court decisions, legal documents, and articles for use in preparing legal documents, opinions, contracts, ordinances, and resolutions under the direct supervision of the General Counsel.
- Compiles, reviews, and organizes evidence and other information for subpoena responses and administrative agency inquiries.
- Provides support in litigation such as document production and serves as liaison to outside attorneys.
- Maintains confidential files; contacts university administrators, members of the Board of Trustees, public agencies, and members of the public to obtain or transmit information for the General Counsel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, GENERAL COUNSEL'S OFFICE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.