POSITION: Desktop Support Technician I
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO: Help Desk Manager
SHIFT: Weekdays and possibly Saturdays, Varied Times
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in the IT field
- Two years, background using Windows 7, and 8/8.1
- Two years, background in Mac OSX 10.7 – 10.10
- Background using laser printers
- Experience using work-order or ticketing software
- One year, background in supporting end users in an Active Directory environment
- One year supporting end users in a Microsoft Exchange environment
- One year experience in a help desk and/or customer service role
- Help Desk experience in an academic institution
- Experience repairing HP LaserJet printers
- Experience using SCCM for image/software deployment
- Experience using Blackboard (or equivalent LMS)
- A+ Certification
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide quality onsite and remote technical support for the university community.
- Create and modify Active Directory user accounts
- Create and modify Microsoft Exchange mailboxes
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, service, and repair university-owned computers
- Troubleshoot and repair university-owned printers
- Perform field service calls to university-owned buildings local to Pittsburgh
- Hardware and software deployment
- Assist end users on how to connect to the campus network (Wired/Wireless)
- Train and assist in supervising student workers
- Support end users remotely via phone/e-mail
- Lifting / moving heavy computer equipment, including printers
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN I - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.