POSITION: ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
DEPARTMENT: Development and Alumni Relations
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
Education Required: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with advance degrees or professional certifications preferred. Knowledge of Point Park University programs and mission.
Experience Required: Eight to ten years experience in fund raising involving direct personal solicitation and demonstrated ability to close major gifts.
Skills Required: A demonstrated success for interacting with administrators, faculty, trustees, volunteer leaders, donors and prospects. Successful track record of team building and staff supervision.
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the missions of Point Park University.
- Maturity gained from leadership experiences in education, business, or the charitable sector.
- A management orientation which focuses on results and the planning necessary for success, including problem solving skills and the ability to set priorities.
- The courage to take risks and the ability to learn from both positive and negative experiences.
- Ability to interact with and motivate a staff with varied backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to develop long-term relationships with donors and promote the distinctive nature of the University.
- Ability to mentor others to achieve established goals and objectives and to secure results on a timely basis.
- High energy and an ability to take creative and thoughtful initiatives.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to work independently.
- The highest ethical standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and job stress.
- Willingness to travel.
The Associate Vice President (AVP) reports to the Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations with responsibility for directing annual giving, planned giving, development resources and administration, and alumni relations. The AVP is also a senior major gift officer.
- Directs development staff and volunteers to accomplish goals of the strategic plan and to develop and implement solicitation strategies for donor prospects at all levels.
- Supervises the Director of Annual Giving in developing effective strategies and programs to meet both dollar and participation goals for alumni, friends, parents, faculty and staff.
- Supervises the Director of Planned Giving,
- Supervises the Director of Alumni Relations and programs designed to engage and inform alumni through communications, events and volunteer placements.
- Supervises the Director of Development Resources and Coordinator of Development Resources in maintaining the alumni and development database and managing the donor research process.
- Maintains responsibility for developing and cultivating solicitation strategies for assigned major prospects including goals for the number of contacts, ask amounts and gifts obtained.
- Collaborates with the Vice President to develop strategic goals and objectives as well as annual operating objectives. Has responsibility for reporting on progress.
- Oversees and supervises the design and production of all development material including publications, brochures, and web-based, and social media content.
- Develops and assures implementation of programs for staff development which will stimulate creative and innovative programs resulting in new levels of achievement for staff with varying levels of experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - AVP OF DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.