POSITION: Associate Director of Admissions
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years admissions experience; proven track record with recruitment and enrollment of fulltime transfer students; experience in relating to transfer students; and ability to build and enhance recruitment programs to improve the matriculation of undergraduate students.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Conduct outreach and student recruitment activities, interview and counsel prospective students; review student applications and conduct follow-up activities. Represent the Office of Admissions when Director is unavailable.
- Represent Point Park University at college fairs and give presentations at proprietary institutions and community colleges in assigned territory.
- Make travel arrangements including the completion of mileage reports and timely submission of all credit card bills.
- Contact prospective students concerning community college / proprietary institution visitations; follow-up as appropriate.
- Interview prospective students and their parents; follow-up as appropriate.
- Contact students who apply to Point Park University and notify them of additional information needed to process application materials.
- Review completed applications to make recommendations for admission to Point Park University as well as to make recommendations for scholarships.
- Conduct telemarketing activities to high priority applications and deposited students.
- Evaluate transcripts of prospective transfer students and coordinate the data entry in the Registration module by admissions staff.
- Coordinate transfer events/outreach for the office.
- Assist with the development of potential test markets.
- Participate in professional development activities with a special focus on the Pennsylvania Association for College Admissions Counseling.
Associate Director/ Supervisor Duties:
- Represent the Office of Admissions in all aspects when Director or Admissions is not on campus.
- Participate in analysis of trends, goal setting, and strategic planning for the Office of Admissions.
- Represent the Office of Admissions at weekly accept meetings.
- Manage the new employee training program for admission counselors.
- Serve as point person for the Emergency Action Plan training.
- Organize with Registrar’s office the placement of admissions holds on new student’s records for the office. Make updates to record as appropriate.
- Support Director of Admissions in the Search process using ACT, College Board, NCRUAA, College Fish, SAGE and CBSS.
- Coordinate with Marketing department the print advertising with local and national publications for the Office of Admissions.
- Update all online profiles for Point Park University (Peterson, PCU & School Guide).
- Prepare and submit scholarship donations on behalf of Point Park University.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.