POSITION: Alumni Relations Assistant (Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Alumni Relations
DEPARTMENT: Department of Alumni Relations
REQUIREMENTS: Demonstrated leadership at Point Park University and a dedication to higher education; a positive, enthusiastic attitude; ability to organize information and ideas consistent with alumni relations objectives; excellent interpersonal communication skills; strong written communication skills; ability to give and receive feedback; capable of independent work leading to monthly agreed-upon targets; willingness to learn how to use a database system to manage information; knowledge of online technologies including Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the Director of Alumni Relations, the Part-time Assistant will assist with all alumni relations programs and services. This position will focus on alumni events, being the advisor to the student alumni ambassador program, and assist with the department’s alumni/student programming initiatives to help develop and implement an overall student experience. A special emphasis will focus on developing partnerships between alumni and current student populations. There will be opportunities to learn about other alumni relations and student affairs programs. This position will work closely and coordinate with the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and report directly to the Director of Alumni Relations.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, advising and scheduling the student members of the student-alumni ambassador group for Point Park University.
- Assist in the development and execution of programming for current students at Point Park University to engage and create an awareness in the student body of the Alumni Department.
- Programming will include but is not limited to:
- Establishing a lifelong relationship to Point Park University;
- Maintaining the value of your Point Park University degree;
- Preserving the experience for future students;
- Helping Point Park University meet its challenges as an institution.
- Collaborate with the alumni relations staff in the development and implementation of all events and programs with an emphasis on student and faculty programming. May require evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Assist in management of the Alumni Relations website and other Alumni related social media and content for The Point.
- Responsible for supervision of a departmental work study student worker when appropriate.
- Collaborate with a variety of University departments to develop programming initiatives for current student populations (i.e. Alumni and Family Weekend, community service initiatives, Outstanding Student Awards, etc.).
- Represent alumni relations at key student events to increase awareness and promote the benefits of alumni-student partnerships.
- Assist the Office of Alumni Relations and Office of Development in any special events that require additional support (i.e. scholarship dinners, donor recognition, etc.).
- Participate in alumni relations and development staff meetings, retreats, and other office/division activities (without conflict to academic commitments).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- ALUMNI RELATIONS ASSISTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.