POSITION: Academic Communication Specialist
REPORTS TO: Office of the University Registrar
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum three years related work experience, preferably in a post-secondary academic institution. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A positive student success oriented attitude is necessary for the position. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary. The candidate must possess high integrity and ethics. Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and Saturdays. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe necessary.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for University Office of the Registrar publications. Ensure the accuracy of degree audit worksheets. Work in collaboration with academic administrators in regard to curriculum, course schedules, room scheduling and all printed materials.
- Responsible for university catalog coordination and production in collaboration with academic schools and academic administrators to ensure course availability for student scheduling.
- Work closely with University Registrar, Assoc. Registrar, Associate Vice President, and Executive Director of Graduate Education with curriculum changes, and catalog policy changes
- Work in collaboration with Associate Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs to assist with curriculum change tracking and program guide accuracy.
- Develop and produce various student registration forms, course scheduling publications, and university undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
- Responsible for course schedule for all university courses in regards to efficient utilization of university classroom space to support the teaching and learning experience.
- Attend faculty assembly meetings to ensure effective curriculum change process, development of academic program guides, and proper classroom assignment for courses.
- Manage Blackboard curriculum site.
- Work in collaboration with registration technical and degree conferral staff to ensure curriculum changes to advising logic in Jenzabar module.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of the Buckley Amendment as it applies to student records.
- Assist University Registrar with FERPA tutorial development and assist with FERPA training for staff and faculty.
- Process registrations, schedule changes, course withdrawals, complete withdrawals, independent studies, and internships. Check registration screens for re-admission clearance, probation, immunization, closed classes, repeated classes, etc.
- Front desk phone and student inquiry backup.
- Assist with graduation ceremony preparation
- Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- ACADEMIC COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.