Position: Graduate Assistant, Intelligence and Global Security Graduate Department of Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies
Academic Year: 2014/2015
Reports To: Michael Botta, MS Department of Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies, School of Arts and Sciences: Determines project assignments, scope of work, meetings to attend, and project deadlines. Provides the Graduate Assistant with guidance, oversight and support for all projects undertaken.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and acceptance into the Point Park University graduate program in Intelligence and Global Security
- 3.00 GPA in undergraduate major
- 3.00 GPA overall in undergraduate education
- Resume and letter to the Graduate Program Director describing the interest in the assistantship
- Two letters of recommendation; it is preferred that one letter be from a faculty member describing the applicant’s academic abilities
- Full-time enrollment
- Excellent communication, computer, and research skills.
20 hours per week; schedule to be determined by the Chair, CJIS and the Director, Intelligence and Global Security Graduate Program in conjunction with the Graduate Assistant.
$800 per month for 12 months
Graduate tuition remission as determined by the University’s policy for Graduate Assistants.
- Assist full time and adjunct faculty in their preparation for course work, proctor exams and maintain the bulletin boards, and assists the Coordinator of the Undergraduate Intelligence and National Security Program, Director of the Intelligence and Global Security Graduate Program, the undergraduate Forensic Program, the undergraduate Criminal Justice Program and the Graduate Criminal Justice Administration Program.
- Manage external and internal department projects and functions such as club events and, the Criminal Justice Lecture Series.
- Conduct research using a variety of sources (Internet sources, web sites and databases) to prepare written documents as determined by the particular project
- Coordinate the meetings of the CJIS Advisory Board
- Meet and established deadlines, attend meetings as directed, and maintain timely communication with the Chair, CJIS and the Director, Intelligence and Global Security graduate program
- Provide administrative support to faculty/adjunct faculty teaching on-line courses.
- Provide general administrative support for the Department of Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as required.
- Maintains professional conduct at all times.
- Maintains the academic standing (3.0 GPA) required for graduate students enrolled at Point Park University.
Deadline for applications: June 1, 2014