Honors Program Prepares Student Leaders for the Real World
Study, gain experience and learn to be a leader in the real world. Go beyond the classroom to explore and discover yourself. Be challenged to think from different perspectives and develop leadership skills as a student in Point Park's Honors Program.
"Attending Honors Council conferences provides an outlet for students to exhibit and defend the research and programs they have completed."
-- Jonathan MacDonald, B.A. in Secondary Education/English
A Focus on Academics, Leadership & Community Service
In addition to being challenged academically, students in the Honors Program are encouraged to work creatively to reach their highest potential as scholars and leaders to prepare them for further study or careers after graduation. Opportunities include:
- Leadership and community service: Participate in the Honors Student Organization, a student-run group that plans events to enhance the overall academic experience of students.
- Mentoring: Sophomores, juniors and seniors can apply to become mentors to help new honors students take advantage of leadership and community service opportunities.
- Membership in honors organizations: Serve as a student representative, present research and academic work at conferences, as well as have your work considered for publication in academic journals.
Benefits for Honors Program Students
- Early move-in
- Priority course registration
- Membership in the Honors Student Organization
- Honors Program residential floor
- Can serve as a student representative on the Northeast Regional Honors Council
- Student-assistant positions (available to juniors and seniors)
- Book awards based on academic and community service records
- A greater variety of course projects, activities and research opportunities
- Lectures by guest speakers
- Cultural events in the Pittsburgh area and New York City
Meet Honors Program students and alumni who discuss the key benefits of being in the program.
Join the Honors Program
New students are automatically invited to join the Honors Program if awarded a Presidential Scholarship or Transfer Presidential Scholarship, or if they enter Point Park with a 3.5 QPA and 1700 SAT or 25 ACT score. Other students interested in joining the Honors Program are required to submit an application.
Photo Gallery: Honors Program