Sports announcers Paul Steigerwald, Bill Hillgrove and Greg Brown. Read about The Voices of Pittsburgh Sports event.
Bringing Sports Industry Expertise to Point Park
Once upon a time, two future major league sports executives were starting their career at Point Park University. One day they decided to give back to their alma mater and The Pittsburgh Center for Sports Media and Marketing was born.
Mike Fetchko, owner and managing director of ISM-USA, and Tom McMillan, vice president of communications for the Pittsburgh Penguins, launched The Pittsburgh Center for Sports Media and Marketing in 2011 at Point Park.
The center focuses on regional, national and international topics and trends in the fast growing sports industry. The center brings leading executives from all facets of the sports and entertainment industries to the Point Park campus to speak at workshops and seminars.
These events give Point Park students the opportunity to hear from top industry professionals about best practices and principles within sports media and marketing, and to make networking connections that can be vital to pursuing a career in the sports industry.
Over the past several years, the center brought the following sports professionals to Point Park:
- Terry Lefton, editor-at-large, SportsBusiness Journal
- John Ourand, staff writer, SportsBusiness Journal
- Leah Brown, senior manager of government and public affairs, Bright House Networks
- Alan Mason, corporate vice president, local programming, Bright House Networks
- Terry Kalna, senior vice president of sales and broadcasting, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Mike Tasevski, senior vice president, U.S. sponsorship, MasterCard
- Adrienne Jonas, vice president, U.S. sponsorship team sports, MasterCard
- Bob Walsh, director of mobile engineering, NEP Broadcasting
- Nicole Letourneau, human resources director, NEP Broadcasting
- Chris Gage, human resources generalist, NEP Broadcasting
- Krystin Roczko, U.S. field marketing manager, Reebok-CCM Hockey
- Bentley Weiner, director and coordinating producer, HBO Sports 24/7
- Chris Ciaccio, the VP of Marketing for IMG, a global leader in sports, fashion and media
- Sean Hanrahan, senior VP of Global Marketing Solutions for ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports
- Carrie Brzezinksi, VP of Marketing Solutions for ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports
- Dejan Kovacevic, sports columnist and entrepreneur to present "The New Age of Sports Journalism"
- Merril Hoge, NFL analyst, ESPN
- Ed Haberle, vice president of North America Sporting Goods, Nike
- Laura Kosmalski, senior director of retail brand presentation, Nike
- Dan Potash, reporter, ROOT Sports
- Rob King, studio host and play-by-play announcer, ROOT Sports
- Shawn McClintock, senior vice president and general manager, ROOT Sports
- Tom Kayser, president of the Texas League
- Ryan Ellis, manager, St. Lucie Mets
- Don Kelly, player, Detroit Tigers
- Bill Hillgrove, play-by-play announcer, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Paul Steigerwald, play-by-play announcer, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Greg Brown, play-by-play announcer, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Michael DeCourcy, college basketball columnist, Sporting News
- Cindy Freed, vice president, sales marketing, ESPN
- Terry Rodgers, social media coordinator, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Jennifer Bullano, director of communications, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Jeff Gregor, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, TNT and TBS
- Frank Coonelly, president, Pittsburgh Pirates
- David Morehouse, CEO, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Mike "Doc" Emrick, NBC Sports play-by-play announcer
- Mike Fetchko, co-director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-325-0525
- Tom McMillan, co-director: email@example.com or 412-255-1828
- Kelsey Veydt, graduate assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-392-8058