- Bachelor of Arts, Brown University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Catholic University of America
- Introduction to Forensic Psychology
- Child and Family Psychotherapy
- American Popular Culture
- Introductory Workshop Creative Writing
Professor William Purcell, Ph.D., is trained in clinical and forensic psychology and licensed as a clinical psychologist and health services provider by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Prior to joining Point Park's faculty, he was an instructor in psychology at Harvard University School of Medicine. He is also the co-founder and former clinical director and forensic director of the Children's Charter in Waltham, Mass.
Selected Presentations and Publications
- "Solidarity and Oblivion," University of Gdañsk, Poland, Federal University of Paraná, Curtiba, Brazil, Gdañsk Branch of the Adam Mickiewicz Literary Society.
- "Time Enough to Imagine," International Journal of Baudrillard Studies.
- Postmodern political and cultural phenomena
Selected Awards and Honors
- Invited to give presentation and paper to Conference on Solidarity, Memory and Identity at the University of Gdañsk, Poland, Federal University of Paraná, Curtiba, Brazil.
Point Park Features
- "Cultivating Young Writers," The Point, Fall 2012 issue.