Study Educational Administration at Pittsburgh's Only Downtown University
Are you a professional in education with at least three years of relevant experience and wish to enter into a leadership position? If so, the master's in educational administration program will advance your professional knowledge and lead you to Pre-K through grade 12 principal certification.
The mission of the Master of Arts in educational administration program is to prepare professional educators for leadership positions as school administrators or principals by:
- Advancing professional knowledge that supports the intellectual, social and personal development of learners;
- Integrating leadership and supervisory theories and skills with problem solving and decision making models;
- Encouraging collaboration, communication, professional development and responsible management of educational programs and resources; and
- Conducting educational research that enhances organizational effectiveness.
Educational administration alumnus Adam Sikorski is a principal at Pittsburgh Colfax K-8.
Educational Administration Course Offerings
Some of the courses in the master's degree in educational administration program include:
- Human Development and Classroom Management
- Issues in Law and Education
- Educational Administration
- The Principalship
- Curriculum Supervision and Leadership
- Applied Research Practicum
Students are eligible for Point Park’s tuition discount being offered for all certificate and master's degree education programs. This tuition discount is approximately 35 percent below the standard rate for master's degree programs and 28 percent below the standard rate for certificate programs.
New and returning education certificate and master's degree students will receive this lower tuition rate as follows:
- Discounted cost per credit: $530
- Discounted cost for a three-credit class: $1,590
For more details on tuition and fees at Point Park for 2014-15, please visit our tuition and fees page.