Become a Leader with an Educational Administration Degree and Principal Certificate
Are you a professional in education with at least three years of relevant experience and wish to enter into a leadership position? If so, the master's in educational administration program will advance your professional knowledge and lead you to Pre-K through grade 12 principal certification.
Educational administration alum Adam Sikorski is a principal at Pittsburgh Colfax K-8.
Choose Your Learning Style: Downtown Campus, Hybrid or Fully Online
Our master's degree in educational administration is conveniently offered in a variety of delivery formats, allowing students to customize their learning experience.
Choose from one of the following three delivery formats:
Downtown campus: All face-to-face classes at Point Park University's campus in Downtown Pittsburgh
Hybrid: A combination of online and face-to-face classes at your choice of one of the following locations: Cranberry area, Southpointe area, Monroeville area or Point Park's campus in Downtown Pittsburgh
- Fully online: An active and engaging online courseroom environment that includes assignments, materials, discussion threads, assessments and/or group activities done electronically
The mission of the Master of Arts in educational administration program is to prepare professional educators for leadership positions as school administrators or principals by:
- Advancing professional knowledge that supports the intellectual, social and personal development of learners;
- Integrating leadership and supervisory theories and skills with problem solving and decision making models;
- Encouraging collaboration, communication, professional development and responsible management of educational programs and resources; and
- Conducting educational research that enhances organizational effectiveness.
Educational Administration Course Offerings
Some of the courses in the master's degree in educational administration program include:
- Human Development and Classroom Management
- Issues in Law and Education
- Educational Administration
- The Principalship
- Curriculum Supervision and Leadership
- Applied Research Practicum
Courses in the educational administration graduate program are taught by faculty who have years of real-world experience as principals, superintendents and other school administrators.
For details on Point Park University tuition and fees for 2015-16, please visit our tuition and fees page.