- Ph.D. (ABD), Theatre, University of Denver
- M.A., Drama, Catholic University
- B.A., English, New Jersey City University
- Musical Theatre Techniques
- Directing for Musical Theatre
- Period Styles of Acting
Video: Meet Jack Allison
Jack Allison has directed at most of the major regional theatres in the United States, Canada, and Europe, including, among others, The Walnut Street Theatre, Coconut Grove Playhouse, Cincinnati Opera and the North Shore Music Theatre. In New York, he has staged acclaimed productions at the Manhattan Theatre Club and the Circle Repertory Company. He premiered Cabaret at the National Theatre of Belgium. He has received prestigious awards for his direction, including three Florida Carbonell Awards and three Boston Globe Best of Season Awards. At the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera he served as resident director and staged more than 30 productions. Most recently he staged Fiddler on the Roof for the Pittsburgh CLO's 2012 season, and A Grand Night for Singing for the CLO's Cabaret.
- Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers
- Best Director, Boston Globe
- Best Director/Choreographer, Miami Herald
Point Park Feature
- "Faculty profile: Meet Jack Allison, theatre," Point Park University website, June 5, 2015.