- M.F.A., Painting, Yale University School of Art
- B.F.A., Film/Animation, Rhode Island School of Design
- Fundamentals of Animation
- Fundamentals of Motion Graphics and Visual Effects
- Image of History and Design
- Visual Structure of Cinema
Pahl Hluchan studied animation at Rhode Island School of Design. After graduating, he worked in video production for five years. He also acted as art director and head puppet designer on a series of children's programs.
In 1992, he left video production to study painting at Yale University. He was awarded the George R. Bunker Prize for excellence in painting and printmaking. Since graduating Yale, he taught at Southern Connecticut State University, Savannah College of Art and Design, Dartmouth and University of the Arts. For the past fourteen years he taught at the Delaware College of Art and Design where he created and ran the animation department.
Currently, he works as a painter and an animator. He has been in several national juried exhibitions. His paintings have been published in Harpers Magazine, Art Alternative Magazine and the Artist Magazine. He was awarded a Delaware Division of the Arts individual artist fellowship in 2008. His animation won first-and-second-prize in the Newark Film Festival commercial competition in 2009 and 2010.
- Two Different Worlds: Pahl Hluchan & Connie Simon, Warner Gallery, O'Brien Art Center, 2012
- Five American Painters, Abbey Lehon, France, 2011
- Pahl Hluchan Paintings, Delaware Theatre Company, 2011
- Vivid Wonders, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, 2009
- Gouache — It's Growing, Philadelphia Inquirer, 2008
- Works of Love, The News Journal, 2008
- Megabyte Michelangelo's, Out and About Magazine, 2007
- A wash in Gouache, The Artist's Magazine, 2007
Selected Awards and Honors
- Second Prize and Audience Choice Award, Wilmington Fringe Festival 48 Hour Film Making Competition, 2011
- Composition Award, The Hearts & Minds Film Initiative, 2011
- Second Price Commercial Competition, Newark Film Festival, 2010
- First Prize Commercial Competition, Newark Film Festival, 2009
- Artist Fellowship, Delaware Division of the Arts, 2008