Country music artist Sarah Marince talks to students in the SAEM Recording Business class.
Connecting with Working Professionals in Sports, Arts and Live Entertainment
The student experience in the SAEM major is intense and conducted with high expectations. Every opportunity for working and networking with professionals — both regionally and nationally — is encouraged.
For example, SAEM students attended the 20th Annual Performing Arts Managers Conference in New York City and traveled to Nashville for the Pollstar Live! Music Conference.
In addition, there are industry specific workshops and events on campus for SAEM students every semester.
Here are some examples:
- Students Meet Warped Tour Founder, Work at Shania Twain Concert
- SAEM Students Network with Ticketing Industry Professionals"
- "SAEM Welcomed Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation CEO"
- "SAEM Department Welcomes Former Pirates Owner Kevin McClatchy to Campus"
- "Broadway Actor Gives Students an Inside Talk on the Entertainment Industry"
- "The Business of Creating a Movie"
- "Current TV Trends"
- "Entertainment Economic Forecast"
- "A Look Inside the Music Business"
- "Panelists from Consol Energy Center"
- "PromoWest Stage AE Workshop"
In addition, SAEM students get hands-on, real-world experience assisting with events such as:
- "Zoo U" with the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- Bon Jovi concert in Pittsburgh
- Maroon 5 concert in Pittsburgh
- Bruce Springsteen concert in Pittsburgh
Can you get a job in this field?