The School of Business conducts registration online via PointWeb where students have their own secure accounts to view their Point Park courses and grades. PointWeb also allows students to:
- Register for courses
- View class room assignments
- Check your schedule
- See your grades
- Review your degree requirements and program guide
- Get textbook information from the bookstore
- See your student account statement and pay your bill
- Access an online calendar and schedule of campus events
- Use quick links to other campus resources
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if I am having trouble logging into PointWeb?
Call the Help Desk at 412-392-3494.
2. How can I tell what classes I still need to take?
Use the advising sheet in PointWeb. Under the Student Info tab, select the gray Advising box on the left-hand side of the page. Then click the blue Course Needs link. Always click the "recalculate student progress" button. Then open the PDF of your Advising Worksheet. Classes you are still required to take are marked with a black dot.
- Go to PointWeb
- Log in with your Student ID #. If you have never logged in before, a password will be sent to your Point Park email address. Just click "I forgot my password" then "Send new password."
- Add classes one of two ways:
1. Click on the Student Info Tab-->Click Advising (on the left hand side of the page)-->Click on Course Needs-->Select your classes by following the blue "see available courses" link.
2. Click on the Student Info Tab-->Click on Add/Drop Courses-->Type course codes in the Course Code section of the form (ex: BMGT 101)-->Hit Search-->Put a check mark in the box next to the class you want and hit the "add courses" button.
4. Why can't I add certain classes to my schedule?
You will not be able to add classes to your schedule if it conflicts with another course you have already added to your schedule or if you have not met the pre-requisite for the class.
5. What do I do if I get a pre-requisite error?
If you are unable to add a class to your schedule because of the pre-requisite error, email your advisor with the specific course code of the class you want to add. If you have met the pre-requisites, the course will be added to your schedule manually.
6. How can I tell what classes are in my cohort? (Accelerated Students only)
Saturday Fast business program and M.B.A. students following the accelerated format are placed in specific cohorts to ensure timely graduation. The easiest way to select courses in the same cohort is to look for the two letter indicator at the end of each course code. For example, every class in cohort "PR" will have the letters "PR" in the course code. Example: BUS 301 S A PR.
You are able to add and drop classes at any time during the registration period with PointWeb. Click on the Student Info Tab.
To DROP a class: Click on Add/Drop Courses; your schedule will appear. Put a check mark in the class you want to drop and click "cancel selected courses." The class will be removed from your schedule.
See Question 3 for how to adda class.
Your advisor for registration is determined by your major, and is identified in PointWeb. You may make an appointment to see an advisor during their office hours.
9. When will I know that my schedule was approved?
Your schedule will be reviewed by your advisor who will either approve it or contact you via your Point Park email to make any necessary changes. You will be able to view your official schedule through PointWeb within 24-48 hours of registration. Go to the Student Info Tab and click the Student Schedule link on the left hand side of the page. Note: Courses that are added after 2 p.m. on Friday will be approved the following Monday. Extra time may be required during especially high volume registration periods.
10. When can I register?
When registration begins, students register according to their class rank, which is determined by the number of credits they have earned (see below). Classes students are currently taking do not count as earned credits.
- Graduate, Accelerated, Post-Bac, Seniors with 105+ Credits
- Seniors with 90-104 credits
- Juniors with 80-89 credits
- Juniors with 70-79 credits
- Juniors with 60-69 credits
- Sophomores with 45-59 credits
- Sophomores with 30-44 credits
- Freshman with 3-29 credits
- Freshman with 0-2 credits
11. How do I know how many credits I have earned?
You can view your earned credits by looking up your unofficial transcript in PointWeb. Go to the Student Info Tabà On the right hand side of the page in the Unofficial Transcript Box and click the blue "view unofficial transcript" link.Online Registration Tutorial