Pursue an Accelerated Master of Arts in Leadership in Downtown Pittsburgh
In today's ever-changing world, strong leadership is vital for both individual and organizational success. Our 30-credit M.A. program will give you a strong foundation in leadership intelligence, the ability to apply appropriate leader development best practices and ethical standards in diverse environments while aligning personal and professional goals with organizational goals.
This M.A. program also reinforces models of neuroleadership, an emerging field of study focused on bringing neuroscientific knowledge into the areas of leadership development, management training, change management, education, consulting and coaching. Designed for individuals who aspire to leadership roles, our innovative curriculum will enable you to develop your own strategies for inspiring, coaching and motivating others while teaching you how to create positive and collaborative work environments that encourage innovation and support change initiatives.
Working mom Melissa Ferraro propelled her career with a graduate degree in leadership from Point Park.
The skills Deirdre Kane gained earning her M.A. degree helped her open a new grocery store.
As a student in the program, you will develop the knowledge, skills and leadership intelligence to become an innovator in diverse communities of practice while being mindful of the changing job market. Our overall mission is for graduates to contribute to the sustainability of the businesses, nonprofits, government agencies, civic sector organizations and communities in which they live and work.
Classes on Campus, Online and in Hybrid Format
Ideal for working professionals, this accelerated graduate program lets students take advantage of traditional evening classes as well as some online and hybrid courses. Hybrid courses usually include an online requirement coupled with in-class time.
M.A. Program Leadership Tracks
The M.A. leadership program offers the following two tracks for students to pursue.
- Leadership for Social Innovation — This track focuses on social entrepreneurship, fundraising, proposal development, grant writing, legal aspects of social innovation, leading in diverse communities, organization development and intrapreneurship.
- Leadership and Strategy — This track centers on the global environment of business, organizational systems, strategic planning, organization development and intrapreneurship.
Some of the courses in the Master of Arts in leadership program include:
- Leadership Development
- Decision Making Tools for Leaders
- Leading in Diverse Communities
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Organization Development and Intrapreneurship
- Capstone in Leadership for Social Innovation
- Capstone in Leadership for Global Enterprise Strategy
To learn more about the program's objectives and courses offered, check out the degree requirements.
Faculty and Students
All of the program's faculty have real-world professional business experience. The full-time faculty includes professors with doctorate and master's degrees.
Students in the leadership master's degree program range in age from 20s to their mid-50s, and most are currently employed in a wide variety of business professions. Therefore, students can extend their professional network and gain valuable insights from fellow classmates.
Enrich Your Career and Life as a Leader
Upon completion of this graduate leadership program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership intelligence
- Express communication acumen
- Catalyze collective leadership with collective intelligence, collaboration and relationship building
- Cultivate creative strategies
- Employ information technologies
- Apply research methods and design models