- Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- Master of Arts, Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh
- Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology, Waynesburg University
- Master of Arts, Human Development, Fielding Graduate University (in recognition of continued/postdoctoral studies and research)
- Doctor of Management, Organizational Leadership, University of Phoenix
- Organization Studies and Ethical Considerations
- Leader/Leadership Development
- Team Building for Leaders
- Organization Development for Leaders
- Community Networks
- Decision Making for Leaders
- Capstone, Directed Research Project
The Career Journey: Talbott has a 20-plus year career span working in an array of administrative and leadership roles, serving as faculty for adult learners since 2001. Throughout the years, Talbott worked in various capacities including serving as division human resource liaison, capital and financial project director, director of retail services, assistant director for campus services. She had the opportunity to participate in the implementation of Oracle financials and served as an Oracle trainer on general ledger, purchasing and self-service applications. Other training development and professional development activities include being a TQM trainer in Leadership through Quality Strategy Train the Trainer Program (through the Xerox Corporation in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University) and emotional intelligence professional development seminars (Linkage, Inc. and Pittsburgh Family Services).
The Student Journey: Talbott studied in traditional and nontraditional modalities. Her learner, scholar and practitioner experience includes full-time traditional classroom format, evening part-time format, Pitt-Saturday College, external studies program format, and in online and hybrid online/distributed systems with required residencies.
- National Certified Counselor (2010-2015)
- Dreamfish Fellow (2010)
- QM Certified Reviewer, University Baltimore, University Maryland Online (2009-2010)
- "Social Entrepreneurs - Leaders Spanning Boundaries," The 16th Annual International Leadership Association Global Conference - Conscious Leading for Global Change: Emergence of our Collective Realities, San Diego, Calif., Nov. 1, 2014.
- "Emerging Leaders," Point Park University M.A. in organizational leadership program seminar, March 27, 2014.
- Penn Hills Community Development Committee and subcommittee member on education (2010-2012)
- International Leadership Association
- American Counseling Association
- Global Studies Association
- Journal for Integral Studies
- Journal for Servant Leadership
- Meaningfulness created or derived from human work
- Social entrepreneurship; globally responsible leadership
- Global studies: Human work development
- Career pathing strategies
- Mentoring and eMentoring
- Integral psychology and integral conceptual frameworks
Point Park Features
- "Point Park Professor Presents to Community College Presidents," Point Park University website, June 17, 2016.
- "Professor Presents on Social Entrepreneurship and Global Leadership," Point Park University website, Dec. 23, 2014.
- "Professor Jamesena Talbott leads efforts to foster diversity and inclusion on campus," The Point, Spring 2012 issue.
- "Alum Profile: Jenniffer Burke, Big Brothers, Big Sisters," Point Park University website, July 1, 2011.