Welcome to the ID Center!
The ID Center is responsible for issuing all Point Park University cards. Come to the ID Center to get — or replace — your Pioneer Card.
Your Pioneer Card is the property of Point Park University. It is entrusted to each student, faculty and staff member while enrolled or employed with the University. The use of this card is governed by all Point Park University regulations and is not transferable. For more information, review the Student Handbook and the Cardholder Agreement.
Standard door access is assigned to Pioneer Cards in accordance with campus building operating hours. Requests for Pioneer Card access to additional areas should be directed to the ID Center coordinator by an administrator of the requested location. All requests are subject to review and approval. Access requests will generally receive an initial response within one business day.
Pioneer Card Overview
The Pioneer Card is the official student card of Point Park University. Your Pioneer Card is essential to access all sorts of campus locations, services and events. Students are required to carry a Pioneer Card at all times and present the card upon request by University officials.
One Card, Many Uses
- Provides access to campus buildings.
- Serves as your library card.
- Pays for food on campus if you purchase a meal plan or flex dollars.
- Acts as your membership to the Student Center for the use of fitness equipment, fitness classes and recreational spaces.
- Admits you to campus activities and athletic events.
- Gives you free rides on University shuttles.
- Serves as a flash pass on Port Authority of Allegheny County buses, light rail and inclines. You are entitled to a discounted, one-way Zone 1 fare of $1 on weekdays after 7 p.m. and all day on weekends and national holidays.
- Grants you a student discount at various businesses, including shops, eateries, and museums.
There is no charge for your first Pioneer Card; however there is a $25 charge for a replacement. A lost or mutilated card should be reported to the ID Center immediately. If found, an official University Pioneer Card can be dropped in any USPS mailbox; postage is guaranteed.
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Tuesday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
1st Floor Thayer Hall
ID Center Coordinator