Shuttle SERVICE to the PITTSBURGH PLAYHOUSE and STAGE AE
- Shuttles will begin a full schedule on Mon., Aug. 28, 2017
- No shuttles on Labor Day, Mon., Sept. 04, 2017
- Shuttles will resume on Tues., Sept. 05, 2017
- No shuttles for Thanksgiving/Fall Break, Nov. 20, - 26, 2017
- Shuttles will resume on Mon., Nov. 27, 2017
*Reduced schedule for finals week, Dec. 12 - 15, 2017 (Three shuttles during peak times: 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. and after 11 p.m. until show ends/close of Playhouse).
Last Shuttles for fall semester on Sun., Dec. 17, 2017
- Shuttles will begin a full schedule on Mon., Jan. 08, 2018
- No shuttles for Martin Luther King Day, Jan. 15, 2018
- No shuttles for Spring Break, Feb. 26 - March 04, 2018
- Shuttles will resume on Mon., March 5, 2018
- Limited service to/from the Playhouse (times are to be determined) on Easter Sunday, April 08, 2018
- *Reduced schedule for finals week, April 24 - April 27, 2018
- Last shuttles for spring semester on Sun., April 27, 2018
Friday until 7 p.m. (see below after 7 p.m.) and Monday through Thursday service
Point Park University fleet vehicles to depart from the Student Center parking lot and the Pittsburgh Playhouse approximately every 15 minutes starting at 7:15 a.m. until the close of the Playhouse which typically occurs with one complete loop leaving from the Student Center parking lot at midnight, going to the Playhouse and returning to the Student Center Parking Lot. See examples below:
- 7:15 a.m. - One vehicle leaving the Student Center Parking Lot to the Pittsburgh Playhouse
- 7:15 a.m. - One vehicle leaving the Pittsburgh Playhouse to the Student Center parking lot
- Between 7:15 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. - One vehicle providing service leaving the Student Center lot to the Pittsburgh Playhouse approximately 7:20 a.m.
This will continue throughout the days above until 11 p.m. and then one vehicle will remain on service until close of the Playhouse with one complete loop as indicated above.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY (7 P.M.-Midnight/CLOSE)
The transportation service will be provided as indicated above; however all three drivers will remain in service until the close of the Playhouse which is typically midnight at which time all three drivers will provide a final complete loop.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY (8 A.M.-Midnight/CLOSE)
Point Park University fleet vehicles to depart every 15 minutes starting at 8 a.m. from the Student Center parking lot and the Pittsburgh Playhouse and continue until close of the Playhouse at midnight with one complete loop as indicated above.
*Reduced Schedule (Two Shuttles)
During finals week the schedule is reduced to two shuttles departing the Playhouse and the University every 15 minutes or 4 times per hour.
NOTE: There is no Easter Break and service on Easter Sunday is limited with the times to be determined.
Service runs Monday thru Thursday Sept. 11-14, 25-28, Oct. 9-12, 23-26, Nov. 6-9, 27-30 and ending on Nov. 30, 2017 (no service during holiday breaks).
|Student Center Parking Lot||9:40 a.m.|
|Stage AE||11 a.m.|
|Student Center Parking Lot||11:20 a.m.|
|Stage AE||12:40 p.m.|
Notification of Cancellation
If there is cause for cancellation and/or suspension of transportation service due to severe weather or other reason, there will be notification through the Point Alert System. Learn more about the Point Alert System.
The regular drop-off and pick-up service is at the Student Center parking lot (located next to the Student Center) on the Boulevard of the Allies side of the lot. During parades and/or other road closures which cause the Boulevard of the Allies to be closed the alternative drop-off and pick-up service is First Avenue and Wood Street (near Frontier Hall) and the secondary is Fort Pitt and Wood Street (near the West Penn Building). Once the Boulevard of the Allies is open for vehicles the service will resume at the Student Center parking lot.
Point Park University Contact Information
Jan Pekar, Director of Transportation and Administrative Services
- Office: 412-392-3495
- Point Park University - Public Safety
- Office: 412-392-3960