Financial workshop to be held for dance, theatre students
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
A free Money Matters workshop will be held for dance and theatre students from 3 to 4 p.m. Jan. 30 in the GRW, University Center.
The workshop is geared toward students pursing a career as a performing artist and will focus on topics such as:
- Which work-related purchases are tax deductible for a performer?
- Should I itemize, and what does that mean anyway?
- What records do I need to save throughout the year, especially with multiple jobs?
- What if I buy my own health insurance?
- What do I need to know about local taxes?
- How do I fill out tax forms when I'm hired?
The presenter is Judith Herron Arango, a staff accountant at Bates, Barksdale, Ickert & Company.