A real-world education
You're curious. You're creative. You see stories everywhere, and you want to tell them with words, pictures, video and interactive technology. You may want to be a video producer, photojournalist, reporter, web designer, public relations specialist or advertising copywriter. An exciting career in communications can start right here at Point Park's School of Communication.
We offer undergraduate degree programs and also have a hands-on graduate program. With the city of Pittsburgh as your campus, you'll have professors who teach from their own real-world experience. You'll have access to successful, working professionals. And, you'll have internship and job opportunities with leading companies and organizations.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Broadcast production and media management
- Broadcast reporting
- Environmental journalism
- Mass communication
- Multimedia (including new graphic design concentration)
- Public relations and advertising (also offered fully online)
We offer an M.A. in media communication, an M.A. in communication technology (also offered fully online) and, in conjunction with the School of Business, an M.A./M.B.A. program. Point Park's master's programs are designed to fit the busy life of an adult — with our convenient Downtown location and evening classes.
- Master of Arts in media communication with specializations in public relations and advertising, documentary and journalism
- Master of Arts in communication technology with concentrations in social media or applied practices (also offered fully online)
- M.A./M.B.A. with concentrations in: public relations and advertising management, print/digital media management, and broadcast/digital media management
Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program
The Ph.D. program prepares leaders for outreach and partnership work in civic, business and community organizations. Students can complete this 54-credit program in three academic years (attending class one night per week), and possibly less depending on whether they are transferring any post-master's credits.