Can you land a job with this degree? You bet! The career opportunities in the industries of sports, arts and entertainment management are almost endless. Check out the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article: "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs."
Check out some of our SAEM alumni:
Meet Meghan McCabe '13, club manager at Heinz Field.
- Joseph Adams, digital marketing hacker, self-employed
- Shayna Balog, outside sales representative at The Berry Company
- Megan Beavis, office manager for The PULSE on Tour
- Elizabeth Birdsell, event and student ambassador coordinator at Carlow University
- Victoria Blackburn, e-commerce content coordinator, Dick's Sporting Goods
- Caroline Bovalino, senior PR/social media account executive at MARC USA
- Erin Cappiccie, operations coordinator at Tough Mudder LLC
- Nicholas Ceraso, co-owner at Scared Bunny Entertainment, LLC
- Kady Chambers, special events manager at Broadway Across America
- Louise Diallo, performance development manager for Marriott International
- Brandon Dujmic, box office manager at Highmark Stadium
- Lindsey Hay, assistant to president/CEO at 31st Street Studios
- Danielle Himes, meeting planner at Oncology Nursing Society
- Chelsea Hoskinson, product development and formulation assistant at Douglas Laboratories
- David Jacobs, digital producer at RED Interactive Agency
- Ashley Johnson, corporate administrative manager for Landmark Event Staffing Services, Inc.
- Gabe Johnson, owner, GCJ Sports, LLC.
- Megan Jones, club marketing manager at Heinz Field
- Rachel Kernic, internal events coordinator at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Bret Kunash, promotions coordinator for Stage AE
- Morgan Laskey, Boston area office manager at Arthur Murray Dance Center
- Ali Lewis, director of events for IL Mulino New York
- Alison Maternowski, office manager for Stage AE
- Meghan McCabe, club manager at Heinz Field
- Frank McDade, senior associate at PwC
- Jeff Morgan, process integration manager at Shoefitr, inc.
- Jeremy Olson, manager of The Club and box office supervisor at Stage AE and stage manager for The Clarks
- Herbie Pallotta, social media manager for Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Melissa Redman, senior account executive for WQED Multimedia
- Mallory Schirr, audience development coordinator at Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Kelsey Williams, local bakery marketing manager for Bruegger's Enterprises, Inc.
Below is just a sampling of SAEM career opportunities:
From college sports to minor league and professional - your job opportunities are many!
Nike, Inc Oregon, Pittsburgh Steelers football, ESPN radio, Pittsburgh Pirates baseball, Pittsburgh Penguins hockey, Pittsburgh Passion football, Pittsburgh Explosion basketball, Pittsburgh Triathlon, Erie SeaWolves baseball, The Sony Open (PGA Golf) Hawaii, Pittsburgh Riverhounds Soccer, etc.
SAEM Career Event connects students to internships and jobs.
There are literally hundreds of art galleries, museums and theaters in every metro market!
New York Metropolitan Opera Guild, Broadway Dance Center NYC, Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Broadway Series, Pittsburgh Playhouse, Pittsburgh Public Theatre, City Theatre, Radio City Music Hall, etc.
TV, radio, Internet, entertainment parks, science centers, zoos, aviaries, all of the below
and more offer jobs in entertainment management!
Kennywood Park, Clear Channel Radio Pittsburgh, CBS Radio Pittsburgh, The Talent Group Model and Talent Agency, Mosaic, Turner Sports Atlanta, Sesame Street Productions, Live Nation Pittsburgh, CESD Talent Agency Inc, Comcast Spotlight Pittsburgh, The Talent Group, etc.
The jobs within the organizations listed above include those you would find in any business and include others that are specific to sport, art and entertainment. Job titles can include: agent, administrative assistant, box office manager, sales and sponsorship executives, house management, marketing director, talent manager, advertising manager, event manager, production management, promotions director, director of finance, director of communications, producer, general manager, salesperson and marketing executive, research manager, and so on.