International accounting major Nabat Mammedova landed an internship with C.P.A. firm Maher Duessel.
Pursue an Accounting Career Fully Online or in Downtown Pittsburgh
With the recent focus on corporate accountability, there is no more relevant field than accounting. Accounting is consistently identified as one of the fastest growing professions according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor.
As an accounting major at Point Park, you'll do the course work required to pass the Certified Public Accountant examination. Plus, you'll be ready for a variety of careers in the field.
Upon graduation, you'll have the skills and knowledge to begin a career as a tax preparer, a financial analyst, a corporate or public accountant, an Internal Revenue Service special agent or a forensic accountant for the FBI, among others.
You can also consider our dual B.S./M.B.A. program, which allows you to earn an M.B.A. while fulfilling the new Pennsylvania C.P.A. requirement.
The following degrees, as well as a minor, are offered in the accounting program:
- Bachelor of Science in accounting (traditional, four-year degree offered on-campus or fully online)
- Associate in Science in accounting (72 credits)
- Post-baccalaureate in accounting (An additional B.S. degree to your current bachelor's degree)
- Minor in accounting (Available to current Point Park students)
Our Accounting Alumni
Graduates of Point Park's accounting major have gone on to work at:
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Schneider Downs
- Fannie Mae
- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
Accounting Major Course Offerings
You will receive a well-rounded education through Point Park's core curriculum and classes in your major. Some of the courses in the accounting program include:
- Managerial/Cost Accounting
- Computer Applications in Accounting
- Tax Accounting
- Cost Accounting Principles
For a comprehensive list of courses offered, see the course descriptions.
Also, consider taking the Cash Course to learn how to make informed financial decisions throughout your college and professional life.
Accounting Internships in Pittsburgh:
- Arthritis Foundation
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- BDS/Canon Computer Systems
- De Julius & Company Certified Public Accountants
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Maher Duessel
- Ernst & Young LLP
- PaineWebber, Inc.
- PNC Bank, N.A.
- PPG Industries
- Schneider Downs
- Scott & McCune Company
With a degree in accounting, you will have the option to pursue various career opportunities, such as:
- Forensic Accounting
- Public Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
- Not-for-Profit Organizations