Associate Professor, Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Robert Morris University
- M.B.A., concentration in SAEM, Point Park University
- Introduction to Sport, Arts and Entertainment
- Facility and Venue Administration
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Event Management
- The Business of Live Entertainment
Ed Traversari has more than 37 years of live entertainment expertise. He has worked for Pittsburgh concert promoters company DiCesare Engler Productions as a production manager, talent booker, director of marketing and general manager of the Chevrolet Amphitheatre at Station Square. DiCesare Engler produced concerts at the Stanley Theatre (which they later sold to the Cultural District to become The Benedum Center), the Syria Mosque, AJ Palumbo Center, Mellon Arena, Heinz Field, PNC Park and Chevrolet Amphitheatre at Station Square, among others. In 1999, DiCesare Engler Productions was purchased by SFX Entertainment, which was later sold to Clear Channel Entertainment and most recently spun off to Live Nation, the largest producer of live entertainment events in the United States.
In addition to teaching, Traversari consults for a number of clients including Heinz Hall, Seven Springs Resort, The Pittsburgh Irish Festival, PBS Television Concert Series and Carnegie Science Center. He also helped produce The Joe Grushecky/Bruce Springsteen shows at Soldiers and Sailors Hall and The Bob Marley Celebration at The Benedum Center. Traversari has been interviewed by KDKA-AM and KDKA-TV and was featured as guest on the PCNC show "Night Talk."
Selected Presentations, Awards and Honors
- "Event management," presentation at The Event Showcase and Expo, Rivers Club, Pittsburgh, Pa., Sept. 9, 2014.
- Who's Who Among College Students in America, Robert Morris University
- Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pa., board of directors
- Tickets for Kids, advisory board member
- WYEP Radio, advisory board member
In the News
- "Point Park's Record Label Gets Students in the Studio," Pittsburgh Magazine, Feb. 19, 2015.
- "Point Park students developing record label," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Feb. 1, 2015.
- "Classmates to help Point Park student, Murrysville native launch music career," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 15, 2015.
- "Seven Springs Rib & Wing Festival Opens This Weekend," KDKA-TV, July 24, 2013.
- "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 24, 2013.
- "Veteran concert promoter introduces students to the profession," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 14, 2012.
Point Park Features
- "Point Park Launches a New Artist and New Label, Pioneer Records," The Point, Winter 2015 issue.
- "Ed Traversari Shares His Expertise on Pittsburgh's Entertainment Industry," Point Park University website, June 12, 2014.
- "Bruce Springsteen's Stage Manager Meets with SAEM Students During Concert Setup," Point Park University website, May 7, 2014.
- "SAEM Department Offers New Course Focused on the Recording Industry," Point Park University website, Dec. 6, 2013.
- "High School Students Learn the Business of Managing Sports, Arts and Entertainment," Point Park University website, July 26, 2013.
- "High School Students Spend the Day at Stage AE for SAEM Workshop," Point Park University website, April 22, 2013.
- "SAEM Students Work for Bon Jovi Concert and get Behind-the-Scenes Tour," Point Park University website, March 7, 2013.
- "SAEM Club Members Travel to Los Angeles for Pollstar Live! Music Conference," Point Park University website, Feb. 28, 2013.
- "SAEM Students Gain Event Management Experience Co-Hosting 'Zoo U' With the Pittsburgh Zoo," Point Park University website, April 26, 2012.
- "SAEM students help promote, produce historic Marley concert," Point Park University website, Oct. 21, 2010.
- "Professors offers his experience to students, The Globe, Jan. 2010.