Summer internships take students far and wide to gain professional experience
Friday, September 07, 2012
Thriving on the job, making workplace connections
During the summer of 2012, Point Park students headed out to a wide variety of internships and apprenticeships in places from right around the corner in Downtown Pittsburgh to the bustle of New York City to the countries of Southeast Asia.
Internship opportunities are strongly encouraged at Point Park, which emphasizes real-world experiences coupled with a rigorous academic curriculum. Many internship opportunities develop through Point Park faculty members, many of whom are professionally active in their fields, disciplines and industries.
Follow the links below for feature articles about some of the internships that Point Park students enjoyed this summer.
• Stephanie Jones, Schenider Downs, Downtown Pittsburgh
• Katherine Bodner, Story Land Theme Park, Glen, N.H.
• Rebecca Knowles, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, Mass.
• Alicia Lyons, MTV Networks, New York City
• Matthew Hofbauer, Motorola Solutions, Holtsville, N.Y.
Cinema and Digital Arts
• Kelsey Sylvester, Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium, Pittsburgh
• Joe Balewski, Exclusive Media, Beverly Hills, Calif.
• Michelle Bronstein, Doug Varone and Dancers Company, New York City
• Hannah Finch, Walking Thumbs, Pittsburgh
• Elizabeth Cole, Camp Deer Creek, Indianola, Pa.
Electrical Engineering Technology
• Gregory Harbison, Continental Design and Management Group, Canonsburg, Pa.
• Jesse Padjune, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Downtown Pittsburgh
• Matthew Coleman, Allegheny County Medical Examiner, Downtown Pittsburgh
• Kalea Hall, Cox Media Group, Dayton, Ohio
• Camelia Montoy, Pacific Partnership 2012, Cambodia, Indonesia, the Phillippines, Vietnam
• Shaqueala Myrick, EuroRSCB Worldwide PR, Pittsburgh
Sport, Arts and Entertainment Management
• Ashley Dobransky, Walt Disney World, Orlando, Fla.
• Nik Nemec, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera, Downtown Pittsburgh
• Madison DeCoske, O'Neill Theatre, Waterford, Conn.