Students Embrace Macedonia as Part of Summer Project to Promote Tourism
Friday, July 19, 2013
"Pioneer 6" designer Jordan Williams and public relations specialist Jamie Borzik during an interview with a Macedonian television news channel.
Video: Students interviewed on local news
Point Park University's "Pioneer 6" are busy working on an integrated marketing communications plan to promote tourism in Ohrid, Macedonia this summer.
Representing the "Pioneer 6" are the following students and faculty:
- Jamie Borzik, integrated marketing communications major
- Keri Rouse, interdisciplinary studies major, concentration in communication and psychology
- Jamie Russell, photography major
- Zoë Sadler, public relations and advertising major
- Rob Wilhoit, public relations and advertising major
- Jordan Williams, public relations and advertising major
- Johan Yssel, Ph.D., associate professor of public relations and advertising and director of the IMC program
- Stephen Grebinski, visiting assistant professor of photography
The group arrived in Ohrid in early June, and is designing menus, brochures, flyers and posters for local business owners. They are also hosting weekly marketing, advertising and photography workshops for the community.
Their works have been well received; the local media interviewed them twice to learn more about their efforts. Check out samples of their work, read their blogs and view photos on the student-created website www.embracemacedonia.com.