A world-class city as your campus
When choosing a college, choose the neighborhood carefully – because the more opportunities that surround you, the more complete your college experience will be. At Point Park, Pittsburgh’s only Downtown university, you’ll have access to unlimited opportunities that only a world-class city offers.
What's Going on in Pittsburgh? Plenty!
There's so much to do Downtown and in nearby neighborhoods -- including free events or discounted student tickets.
- Downtown events calendar
- Pittsburgh area events and festivals
- Free (and almost free) events in Pittsburgh
What They're Saying About Pittsburgh
"The most livable city in the U.S."
-- Forbes and The Economist
"2nd Best City for Recent Graduates"
-- Huffington Post
"Among the 20 Great Places in the World to Experience"
-- National Geographic Traveler
"6th Best Sports City in the U.S."
-- Sporting News
Pittsburgh's Golden Triangle measures less than a square mile, but packs in a world of options, all within easy reach from Point Park:
- More than 190 shops
- 270 eateries, from pizzerias and bagels shops to swanky restaurants
- Three pro sports teams -- the Pirates, Penguins and Steelers
- Six professional theaters, including the Benedum Center and Heinz Hall
- The Ohio, Monongahela and Allegheny rivers -- with 24 miles of riverfront trails
- Picturesque, 36-acre Point State Park and 14 other parks
- Dozens of concerts and festivals of all types
- More than 5,000 businesses, from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 companies
Pittsburgh a great place to go to college
VIDEO: Watch "Pittsburgh. Mighty. Beautiful." from VisitPittsburgh.
See for Yourself: Come Visit Point Park
Take a day, just one day, to visit our dynamic campus in our world-class city. During a campus visit you can:
- Tour campus
- Sit in on a class
- Meet with a professor
- Enjoy lunch
- See our residence halls
- Meet with an admissions counselor
Can't visit in person?
Check out our virtual campus tour to explore Point Park, including videos, 360-degree interactive images, and lots of still photos.