Part-Time and Accelerated
Criteria for Admission
Part-time students may enter the University either as degree candidates or as non-degree students.
- Degree admission requires a satisfactory transcript from either a high school or post-secondary institution. In order to serve as the basis for admission, transcripts from post-secondary institutions must include a minimum of 12 earned credits or six months of training. A cumulative minimum GPA of 2.0 is required (2.5 for Accelerated Business).
- Non-degree admission, primarily for students who seek college credits but who are not formally declaring a major, requires a copy of a relevant diploma (high school or post-secondary) or a document of similar standing. This requirement does not apply to special summer applicants (i.e., students taking Point Park credits for transfer to another institution). Any other waiver of documentation requires the consent of the Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office. Credits earned while on non-degree status may apply toward the chosen degree program. Non-degree students may establish eligibility for degree status in one of two ways: a) complete 15 credits with an average grade of "C" or above, or b) submit the appropriate transcript. Any student desiring a status change must complete a Status Change form, which is available in the Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office.
- Special summer students (those in good standing at other institutions who wish to attend any summer session at Point Park University) qualify for non-degree admission.
- With the exception of the summer academic sessions, international students on F-1 student visas may not attend on a part-time basis.
- The University reserves the right to require an interview or supplementary materials for any applicant (degree or non-degree) and to use these as a means for making an admission decision.