Helping students on the Pathways to Success
The University's Center for Student Success is at the heart of a coordinated, campus-wide commitment to helping freshmen obtain their degree in four years. The center is also invested in the success of our transfer students, supporting them in the timely completion of their Point Park program of study. Through the Pathways to Success, Point Park students work closely with a student success coordinator and a faculty advisor, who provide essential support and guidance necessary for students to develop as people, as scholars and as professionals.
Meeting Pathways to Success milestones ensures our Point Park students are:
- Making timely progress toward their degree
- Getting engaged with the Point Park campus and the Pittsburgh community
- Utilizing academic and other support resources
- Working closely with the Career Development Center to craft resumes, secure internships and practice interview skills
- Developing academic and professional networks through their faculty advisor
How to reach us
Location: 5th floor, West Penn Building
• Mondays - Thursdays,
8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Fridays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Academic support and guidance
Each Point Park undergraduate student who has declared a major is assigned to a faculty member, within their field of study, who serves as an academic adviser each semester for course selections, minors, concentrations and other academic options.
For undecided students, success counselors provide academic advising until the student declares a major. The Center for Student Success works with undecided students to help them explore majors that match their career and personal interests to find the best fit.
For all students, the CSS staff can help with topics including:
- Transitioning to college life
- Staying on track for graduation
- Learning to use PointWeb, Point Park's online student information hub
- Getting connected to Point Park student services and resources
- Changing a major
- Declaring a double major or minor
- Planning summer courses
- Improving study skills
- Finding a manageable work-life-school balance
Center for Student Success Staff