Excellence Down to a Natural Science
You could be a microbiologist, a biotechnologist, or a doctor. Whatever your natural inclination, here's the place to start. If you are fascinated by the world of science, the majors offered in the natural sciences are for you. Whether you are interested in preparing for a profession in medicine or starting an exciting career in the life sciences, we can provide you with the education you need to achieve your goals.
Working with our highly qualified faculty in well-equipped labs, you can study a wide range of subjects including molecular biology, organic chemistry, bioinformatics, environmental health and epidemiology.
As a national leader in "eds and meds," Pittsburgh's thriving health care industry makes possible internships for science students all across the city, with local opportunities such as the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office and the Allegheny County Health Department. A large number of research hospitals also provide excellent opportunities for employment.
- Allied health (associate degree)
- Health services capstone (business administration or public health concentrations)
- Biological Science (concentrations in molecular/cellular, organismal, or environmental science)
- Biotechnology (post-baccalaureate and capstone options available)
- Funeral Service (capstone options available)
- Premedical and Preprofessional Studies
- Secondary Education: Math | Biology
- Allegheny Land Trust
- Carnegie Science Center
- Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, PA
- Pittsburgh Tissue Engineering Inc.
- The National Aviary
- University of Pittsburgh Biotechnology Center
- University of Pittsburgh Department of Pharmacology
- University of Pittsburgh Center for Vaccine Research
- Western Pennsylvania Conservancy