Major in Theatre
As one of the top programs of its kind in the nation, our Conservatory of Performing Arts combines hands-on experience and rigorous training with internationally recognized master teachers, directors and choreographers. You will develop your craft working with these professional artists and leave with a resume full of experience in performance, stage management, or technical theatre and design.
You will learn and perform at Point Park University’s Pittsburgh Playhouse, a professional-caliber venue that is home to four companies: The REP (professional theatre company), Conservatory Theatre Company, Conservatory Dance Company, and Playhouse Jr. Not only will you become a part of the productions, but you will observe professional actors at work, on stage and behind the scenes.
Theatre Degrees Offered
Bachelor of Arts Degree
The B.A. in Theatre Arts: Performance and Practices is a self-designed program that:
- Provides a strong foundation in performance;
- Immerses students in theatre-making; and
- Creates opportunities for collaborations with other Conservatory of Performing Arts and University programs.
B.A. students have the option to pursue a minor, double major, study abroad and/or complete their degree in three years.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degrees
- Offer intensive training in stage performance;
- Prepare graduates for potential career options with professional acting companies, productions and associations; and
- Create collaborations with visiting artists in the classroom and production.