Requirements for all prospective Conservatory of Performing Arts majors:
- Be academically admitted into Point Park University. APPLY ONLINE!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (Point Park's school code is 003357) to be eligible for financial aid. Full financial aid awards will be sent by March 15, 2016, provided the FAFSA is completed and received by the Point Park Financial Aid Office.
- Be artistically admitted into Point Park University Conservatory of Performing Arts (details by major below).
Please note: Due to the number of students who audition each year for the Conservatory programs, we do not provide feedback on individual audition results.
Audition and Portfolio Results Notification Schedule
Rolling: Candidates will be notified by email and letter of their artistic admission and possible artistic achievement award as the academic and artistic decisions are made. Letters will be sent out:
Theatre and Musical Theatre
|Applicants who audition by March 6, 2016, and are academically admitted, will receive their artistic decision and possible artistic achievement award via email and letter by March 15, 2016.|
|Rolling: Candidates will be notified by email and letter of their artistic admission and possible artistic achievement award as the academic and artistic decisions are made.|
Students must complete a two-step application process:
Step 1: Submit Your Application for Admission
You must have your application for academic admittance on file BEFORE you schedule an audition or interview.
- Undergraduate students will apply to the Office of Admission. APPLY ONLINE!
- Graduate students will apply to the Graduate and Adult Enrollment Office. APPLY ONLINE!
- You DO NOT have to be academically admitted into the University prior to scheduling your audition or interview.
- Official transcripts and test scores DO NOT have to be on file prior to your audition, interview or portfolio submission.
Step 2: Schedule Your Audition or Interview or Submit Portfolio
Auditions are required for dance, musical theatre and acting. Interviews are required for stage-management and technical theatre/design. Portfolios and interviews are required for cinema production, animation and visual effects and screenwriting.
- Schedule your dance audition
- Dance audition dates
- Dance audition guidelines and information
- Frequently asked questions about the dance program and auditions
Acting and Musical Theatre
- Schedule your theatre audition:
– Schedule your on-campus audition
– National Unified Auditions (what is this?)
- Theatre audition dates
- Theatre audition guidelines and information
Frequently asked questions about the theatre program and auditions
Stage-Management and Technical Theatre/Design
- Interview dates
- Schedule your interview
- Stage-management and technical theatre/design interview guidelines and information
- Frequently asked questions about the theatre program and admission process
- Portfolio requirements and submission process
- Frequently asked questions about the cinema arts program and admission process
M.F.A. in Screenwriting and Playwriting: Low-Residency
- Over the course of two years, students in the M.F.A. in writing for the screen and stage program are required to attend three residencies of one to two weeks on Point Park's Downtown Pittsburgh campus. Courses will be completed online during the fall and spring semesters.